Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Some Favorites Memories As a Child

One was when we went on vacation to Dodge City, Kansas. It seemed so real back then.

Then we went to Colorado and went to the top of Pike's Peak. Awesome.

I also have fond memories of going to Lookout Mountain Tennessee in Chattanooga. And to Gatlinburg, tennessee. Great views and history.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Ice skating with my little brother (2 years younger) until late in the night when I was 11-12 and he was 9-10... after playing hockey all day we'd just lie in the snow and stare up at the stars and have those deep conversations that mean everything when you haven't discovered girls yet.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Mine are Christmases at my grandparents' house and some family trips. It was cool to visit places like D.C., Indianapolis, NYC, Florida, etc. Still haven't been West or outside the U.S., so I have plenty of traveling to do. Like many, I look back fondly at the holidays I spent with family at my grandparents' house in Louisville. My favorite memories are when it snowed, and my cousin and I would play Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 for hours (best game ever!). It seemed like there wasn't a worry in the world then. Family was together, holiday spirit, etc. The best part about being a young kid is the world's a much more innocent place.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
The best part about being a young kid is the world's a much more innocent place.
You said it. I was just taking with some friends the other day and we were discussing the same thing. When you were a little kid everything seemed so simple huh? And it was the little things, like riding a bike, playing little league, or what we mentioned above.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:35 AM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

bama...

Dodge City? Were you locked in a closet as a child to enjoy a trip there?

Going to your first big sporting event was pretty special.

One of my favorite memories was the winter of 1977-78. It was very cold and snowy, even by NE Ohio standards. We built a snow fort and lived in it all winter long. Passwords, handshakes, battles...all the good stuff. Snow piles in the park lasted to Memorial Day weekend. Amazing.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #6
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

innocence, childhood achievements.. mine are no different: I built the baddest, coolest treehouse ever when I was 12. Took me a couple years to finish it, but it damn near had a butler
Go ahead and send me to my room! I'll sneak out my window and go kick it in my tree house; more fun up there anyways!
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo
innocence, childhood achievements.. mine are no different: I built the baddest, coolest treehouse ever when I was 12. Took me a couple years to finish it, but it damn near had a butler
Go ahead and send me to my room! I'll sneak out my window and go kick it in my tree house; more fun up there anyways!
I've forgot more about treehouses then you'll ever know! :lol: j/k
We didn't have much of a back yard (or trees) in Boston, but I built the nasty-est tree house when I was 13. Ran dad's extension cords out back, had power tools going all over the place. We had just finished building a garage on our house so I had left over wood, tar paper, shingles, you name it!!! Anyway, it had a deck, a hatch to the roof (which I had shingled), carpet, screen window (with door to close if it rained or snowed), oh, and lets not forget my G 'n R poster decorating one of the walls. Coolest place on Earth!!! Until my brother lit a fire in there and soaked the carpet and walls trying to put it out. I actually ripped down the treehouse after that because I was so pissed he ruined the interior!!! My beautiful work had been tarnished so I had to destroy it (what I was thinking then, I'll never know... new carpet would of prob fixed the problem :lol: ).
Anyway, I'll never forget that treehouse.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Nascar3
Grizzled Veteran

Nascar3 is on a distinguished road

Hummmmmmmmmm, I'll have to say all the "fun" stuff that I did with the babysitter. LOL!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Actually I use to hide in the closet when my mother was having her brains beat out.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar3
Hummmmmmmmmm, I'll have to say all the "fun" stuff that I did with the babysitter. LOL!
:uhoh: You can't leave us hanging! We demand the juicy details!

bama: That sucks. Domestic violence is so damaging when young kids have to witness it.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #11
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Yes its very traumatizing.

As for good memories I enjoyed playing the deep woods and playing army with my buddies. It was so fun to hide and to find the other guys.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #12
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Heh, speaking of playing army, i used to set up grand scenes w/plastic army men, making forts and all sorts of other stuff, then setting firecrackers in select areas and blowing them all to hell.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #13
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

WOW MIKE...Can I come over and play sometime?!
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #14
Nascar3
Grizzled Veteran

Nascar3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256
Yes its very traumatizing.

As for good memories I enjoyed playing the deep woods and playing army with my buddies. It was so fun to hide and to find the other guys.

Bama, I know where you from bud, I know.....

As for the sitter.....Big knockers, blond and she always liked it when I helped her in the tub. She alway took a bath when she was "sitting" and she alway had me wash her back.... That's till I asked to wash her front.... She then washed my front...... LOL!!! Awhhhhh my first time..... It was quite a learning experience!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #15
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Getting back to the woods I loved to explore. We had a lot of woods around us. A Creek and big fat mocassins.

Alos saw a Bobcat once.

We use to build underground forts. Believe it or not they never caved in.