Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #151
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Well, UCLA can't play any worse than they did against Memphis can they? The Memphis/UCLA game was quite possibly the ugliest game of Division I men's basketball I have ever seen.

I am not sure GM is going to be able handle Florida's duo of Horford and Noah.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #152
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

My Gators are looking really good right now. I can't wait to play GM and this might sound "cocky" but Gators by double digits.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #153
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush
My Gators are looking really good right now. I can't wait to play GM and this might sound "cocky" but Gators by double digits.
No, not cocky. Someone is gonna end this fairy tail in an embarassing manor.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #154
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I hope you are correct Steve!
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #155
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha

That's exactly what the North Carolina and UConn fans said. George Mason isn't a fluke Final Four team.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #156
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon
That's exactly what the North Carolina and UConn fans said. George Mason isn't a fluke Final Four team.
I'm with Noon. The George Mason vs. Florida game is gonna be close one and I'm pulling for the underdog, GM.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #157
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

While Carolina fans were disappointed with the loss to George Mason they kind of saw it coming after it took everything they had to get past Murray State. The lunatic fringe around here were getting geeked for another Final Four run, but the level-headed ones were afraid after the mediocre performance in the ACC Tournament.

As for UConn it was merely a matter of time until either their sloppy play or lack of hustle caught up with them.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #158
190 Octane
All-Star Player

190 Octane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Wow are you serious? First of all, getting to the Final Four in and of itself, no matter your seed, is a great feat -- if you're an 11, or a 1. Secondly, I don't see how you can treat beating the last two national champions, the most talented team in the tournament, and two of last year's Final Four squads, like a fluke. Ridiculous.

Blog
190 Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:04 AM   #159
El Jefe
Philosopher of Sport

El Jefe is on a distinguished road

All I have to say is... BRING HOME #12 BOYS!

If they have to be the Detroit or San Antonio of college basketball, then so be it. I never thought they'd be the highest seed left at this point.

I guess I feel lucky that I even had 2 out of the final four correct.

GO BRUINS!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #160
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
As for UConn it was merely a matter of time until either their sloppy play or lack of hustle caught up with them.
You mentioned that before, can you elaborate? Because when I think of sloppy play and lack of hustle, I think of turnovers....but UConn only committed one in the second half, after George Mason had already caught up. Furthermore, most (not all) GMU's baskets were earned. That's what made GMU's victory that much more impressive; UConn was playing well. (That's why, in addition to the victories over UNC, Wichita State and Michigan State, notions that Florida is gonna "embarrass" them is just patently ridiculous IMO.)

Anyway, are you referring to sloppy play catching up to UConn in a karmic sense or are you referring to their defensive play in the second half more harshly than I am?

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #161
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190 Octane
Wow are you serious? First of all, getting to the Final Four in and of itself, no matter your seed, is a great feat -- if you're an 11, or a 1. Secondly, I don't see how you can treat beating the last two national champions, the most talented team in the tournament, and two of last year's Final Four squads, like a fluke. Ridiculous.
I never said fluke... all I said was fairytail... meaning a #11 seed is not supposed to be there.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #162
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

I kept a pretty low profile regarding the Gators on this site, because I honestly didn't think they could get this far in the tournament, especially with the way they played during the regular season. Even though they had a solid record going into the SEC tournament (and won it), I really didn't think they played ANYONE up to this point, justifying their record, seeding, etc. But as they win every game, they continue to defy everyone's expectations. No matter what sports show you watch on t.v., each game the Gators are picked to lose, and will probably STILL be picked by nearly every analyst to lose to George Mason on Saturday (even though the line right now is Florida -5). Fine, I hope so, so when they beat GM, and will be considered the underdog for the final game, that will be their motivation to win the National Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #163
190 Octane
All-Star Player

Fairy tale or not, if you beat FOUR teams -- four good teams at that -- you ARE supposed to be there. To say they'll get bounced in "an embarassing manner" when they've proven themselves four times in the last week-and-a-half just seems silly.

Blog
Old 03-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #164
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190 Octane
Fairy tale or not, if you beat FOUR teams -- four good teams at that -- you ARE supposed to be there.
Anyone who beats four teams IS there, so what's your point? I was saying that an 11 seed usually is not in the final four (since its only happened once). Seriously, I doubt anyone had them on their bracket sheet going to the elite 8, prob not even the sweet 16.
Even if they lost their next game by 20 points (which would be embarrasing IMO), that won't take away from what they've accomplished already.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #165
190 Octane
All-Star Player

OK then. I must have misunderstand, because the impression I got was you were saying GM was a fluke and was going to get railed. Cleared up then

Blog