Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #31
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

Travis, running quarterbacks are the future in the NFL. McNair, Garcia, Culpepper, McNabb, Vick, even Quincy Carter. They're all young, they all (except for Carter) play for good teams, and they're all exciting to watch. There's going to be more runners coming out of college, which leads to more runners in the NFL, and don't you think maybe that would lead to more running starters? Oh, so that would translate into a better chance of a running quarterback winning a Super Bowl sometime, don't you think?

I mean I don't know, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, guys like that, they do nothing for the NFL, they're just taking up space on NFL rosters, don't you think?

You really need to think about what you say, all of those guys that you labled "overrated" are tremendously talented, very exciting players who ARE good for the game of football. I have nothing against dropback guys like Bledsoe or Warner, I like watching them to, but you can't just bash on players because you don't like their style. The bottom line is, they produce, and while they may not have won much yet, most of those running quarterbacks are young, and will get more than a few oppurtunities in the future.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #32
TRAVIS13
Banned

TRAVIS13 is on a distinguished road

Ahahahahahaha Hey modrator dave, you,re a funny man. Why you telling me not to be an idiot, boy? Nobody on the chargers rushed for anything in that super bowl. Big deal. Half of your argument is down the tube right there. So young ran for 49 yards and zero tds. wowee. he pased for 325 and 6 tds. Which is more?Running quarterback my behind. He scrambled a few times and that is all. He stood in and passed the ball a lots more and that is why he came out a champion. Live that learn that and know that.
Michel vick passed for only 3000 yards and ran for almost 800 last year and he,s running too much to be a champion. You modern oprah loving men/girls always think you can do things a betters way and i', bet you listen to your mom and not your dad like a mommas boy. I listened to my dad and i,m not ashamed to admit it. vick needs to learn to pass the ball like young did in that game and that is all i need to say.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:46 AM   #33
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

Travis.....why are you here? Why do you post here? You do nothing but provide posts that usually don't make much sense at all. Oprah loving men/ girls? What are you like 12?
Old 07-15-2003, 08:48 AM   #34
TRAVIS13
Banned

I,m here because i have a passion for football J. I don,t apreciate the moderator calling me an idiot either. Am i not allowed to give my opinions here without that happpening? That,s why i came out with the oprah thing. I,m a college guy anyway J. I thought we already went through this before about the california league and that. Give that a rest now too.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #35
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

While I was out of bounds framing you as an idiot, T, you rub many (it would appear) of us the wrong way. You exhibit no particular interest in understanding reality or statistics, instead abiding by what appears to be a generally under-educated opinion.

I understand that you play football in the California juco system, and that's fine. But, you seem to fail to understand that, in general, this message board is among the best (in my mind) around because it's populated generally by folks who have an appreciation or understanding of the games discussed. Those folks also generally are swayed by what can only be called reality, and admit to their mistakes. Those folks also almost never resort to calling the rest of us "boys" at any time, or for any but joking reasons. In fact, it's fair to say you represent yourself more as a boy than even our most youthful regular posters.

The posters of these message boards pride themselves on being respectful the majority of the time, and we would ask that you do the same. I'll try not to respond to your posts in the future, rather than resort to the disrespectful name-calling I engaged in.

Dave
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #36
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

t13thegreat,

*chuckle*

Me personally, I dig Jenny Jones more. Slightly hotter, ya know?

That'll click in for you in a few years.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #37
TRAVIS13
Banned

I really do,nt intend for the word boys in a bad way either dave. Me and my teamates always talk like that. You know come on boys lets go get some drinks. Or whatever. Just guy talk. Sorry it rubbed some of you wrong. I know how to listen to your opionions to even if you did not think so. I was coached to be a leader though. The lead horse never has to look at anybodys ass is what my coach says sometimes. And poptart if you think jenny jones is hot you need to visit my campus and see what some hot girls look like. Jenny jones looks like an old mom.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:45 PM   #38
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

poptart was comparing Oprah and Jenny Jones... and poptart's right on about that.

(What, is that like five times in two weeks that I've whole-heartedly agreed with poptart? Is the world coming to an end, or something?)

Dave
Old 07-15-2003, 10:24 PM   #39
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave
poptart was comparing Oprah and Jenny Jones... and poptart's right on about that.

(What, is that like five times in two weeks that I've whole-heartedly agreed with poptart? Is the world coming to an end, or something?)

Dave
It's cool, Dave.

In the spirit of keeping our streak of agreement in place, I'll avoid revealing my deeply held secret lust for Rikki Lake.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:26 PM   #40
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Okay, I can't resist. I'm just stirring up a pot that is finally simmering down. But, as I said, I just can't resist.

The thing is, t13 is right. Right as rain. Running QB's aren't simply playing a questionable style, they run because they are SCARED! And they're P**sies! And they suck! That's why their teams go 0-16 every year.

Dave, at one point, you were my favorite poster. But with one line, T13 has stolen the title from you. One lone sectence so brimming with insight, trenchance, and sheer, powerful TRUTH has lead me to the tattoo parlor that I may bear the badge t13 on my forehead. I'm speaking, of course, of:

"i', bet you listen to your mom and not your dad like a mommas boy. I listened to my dad and i,m not ashamed to admit it."

Indeed. Hello, new email signature line.

We need to all be MEN here. Are we MEN, or BOYS?! Let me tell you what MEN do: Not listen to their mothers! Mothers are p**sies!

Let me tell you a little story. One day I was taping bits of razor to my facemask for the football game that evening, and my mom - the wimp - said, "No, son, you'll cut up the other kids and get kicked out of the league!"

So of course I said, "F you, Mom, you p**ssy! My DAD said this is the HARDCORE thing to do! Men don't need no women's lip, unless it's wrapped around their...."

...well, my mom was crying, but I could tell she understood. I was becoming a man.

K27 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein

Last edited by KevinBeane; 07-15-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:43 AM   #41
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

Hahahahaha
Old 07-16-2003, 02:10 AM   #42
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

I'm going to piss myself, K27!! That was awesome.

D14
Old 07-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #43
TRAVIS13
Banned

Kevin you have a bad attitude and a potty mouth to. I bet you don,t even have the guts to get a t13 tatoo on your forehead and until i see you post a picture of it here i wouldn,t really believe it anyways. I never said a running quarterback would lose every game and be 0-16. You exasgerated my point and only made yourself look bad. Running around quarterbacks just never win the championship in the nfl and history of it shows that. You must be some kind of a freak case to to talk about putting razors on a football helmet. Need your mouth washed out with soap to.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:33 PM   #44
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

Ya hear that boys?
Old 07-17-2003, 12:17 AM   #45
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

As funny and entertaining as this is, I don't think I need to explain why I'm locking this. We've all had a chance to chime in, but this is ridiculous. Let's get back to talking football ... in another thread! Sorry.
Closed Thread