Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 01-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #61
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Explain what freedom is without freedom of speech please...

Explain what freedom is if we can't dissent from what our leaders say...

To me, you ideal society sounds like Nazi Germany. You are against freedom. You use the term for political gain, but don't understand what it means. You want to lock up those who disagree with you and force people to remain married. That is not freedom, that is facism at it's best.

You and your kind are just as dangerous to the idea of freedom as the terrorists.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #62
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Explain what freedom is without freedom of speech please....
I see I am dealing with a high school student... let me tone down my response and use small words... Within the Constitution and the Bill of Rights numerous freedoms are advanced, such as freedom of speech, assembly, press, and other rights as stated; i.e., right to bear arms, etc. These advanced "rights" are made under the understanding that they exist in a democracy where freedom is paramount, thus my earlier point... If you don't understand this concept I suggest a primer in American Government.

Quote:
Dissent is one thing but you don't want to stop at that... you want more than that... All the BDS sufferers do...dissent during wartime needs to be termpered by what is best based on the soldiers in the field fighting the war, not The New York Times profit statement!

Quote:
To me, you ideal society sounds like Nazi Germany.
Godwin's Law....

Quote:
You and your kind....
New England Patriot fans?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #63
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Yeah, you're dealing with a high-school student, or a expert on American Government who has spent over 6 years of higher education studying the matter. I have degree in political science, a degree in history, certified diplomat of democracy, and have worked with 3 elected officials. But I'm sure you wouldn't understand any of that.

Without freedom of speech and without the right to dissent we would live in a society that resembles those you hate so much. I understand that you would still view us as superior because they have dark skin, but it would be the same. If you think freedom of speech is unimportant then YOU are the one who does not understand the things that this great nation was founded on. What if our country invaded Canada for no good reason? Shouldn't we be able to disagree and do everything in our power to stop it? I know this is an extreme analogy but my point remains the same. Just because we are fighting a war does not mean we should not dissent. If we feel (and by we I mean the MAJORITY of this country) that our leaders have made mistakes at the cost of human life it is not only our right, but our RESPONSIBILTY to fight against such injustice.

Once again, please keep posting, and tell everyone which party you vote for, so that people can associate your radical ideas with the republicans.

Keep being stubborn, human life means nothing to you, as long as you can continue this senseless war.

Should we just follow or leaders like sheep in a herd, never questioning anything, and living in a society that excepts failure (i.e. failed policy in Iraq)? Or should we stand up for what is right and demand that our leaders do the right thing?

I will once again suggest you move to a country with less freedom and see how you like that. Then maybe you will realize why freedoms such as freedom of speech and dissent are so important to society. You remind me of the little child who doesn't think things through all the way. Sure we may have won the war if we locked up liberals in Vietnam, but would the cost be?
If you think that such suggestions are valid, I ask you toe PLEASE, keep posting and PLEASE tell everyone which party you vote for, please...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #64
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
Are you fearful of them now? Scared? What makes the mission different now then when we started?

You think if we pulled out today we would be safer? Did you also advise the U.S. to pull out of Vietnam?

Difficult missions and hard tasks are a specialty of the United States... we cold do with a little less far left radicalism in this nation; radicalism that is recommending a "cut & run" strategy...

Those fearful of finishing the mission generally are not those fighting the War Against Terror; the far left is pushing this "cut & run" strategy!

Under the Bush Administration we have been free from terrorism domestically since 09/11/2001... let's not jeoprdise that record by repeating the lessons of Vietnam were cowards dictated policy...
RIGHT ON! I agree, and KNOW that you are 100% correct!

And as for the Dems, they have no real strategy! The Democrats only want what is good for thier party, not the country. The terrorists want YOU and I DEAD!

Anyone ever heard of Nevelle Chamberlain? He was an appeaser who tried to sweet talk HITLER into not attacking the British. Hitler agreed, and shortly afterwards, he attacked the Brits,..HITLER (EVIL) lied!

One thing for sure is that one cannot sweet talk evil, one can't negotiate with evil, and you can't compromise with it. You can ONLY defeat it, or it will DEFEAT YOU!

Last edited by DETMURDS; 01-15-2007 at 03:57 PM.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #65
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Explain what freedom is without freedom of speech please...

To me, you ideal society sounds like Nazi Germany. You are against freedom. You use the term for political gain, but don't understand what it means. You want to lock up those who disagree with you and force people to remain married. That is not freedom, that is facism at it's best.

You and your kind are just as dangerous to the idea of freedom as the terrorists.

Guess who said this "Mr Political Science Guy"?

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay ANY PRICE, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any FRIEND, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
Old 01-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #66
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

DETMURDS.

I couldn't agree with you more. We just disagree on HOW you defeat them. My idea of defeating an enemy is not by giving them recruitment tools and fueling the fire on which they feed. I defeat the enemy by extinquising the fire cutting off the head. You destroy the leadership, and win the hearts or young Muslims/Arbas. These are the FUTURE terrorsts. Going to war and continuing war in countries like Iraq, only perpetuates the problem of terrorism. I know that we can not negotiaite with current terrorists, but we can convince young Arabs that we are not evil, and by bombing their families we are not doing that. Think of how many INNOCENT Arabs have been killed as a result of this war, and think of all the family members who will be more inclined to join forces with Al-Qaeda as a result. What do you think would happen if we spent the BILLIONS of dollars we spent on the war feeding the poor in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabi, and other nations? I know we do a LITTLE of that now, but we spend more on this war than on humanitarian efforts.

I know people have to die in order to preseerve our freedom, but this is crazy. Most estimates of Iraqis dead in this war are close to 100,000. This is exactly the type of thing that CREATES terrorists. We kill the ones that exist through strong intelligence and covert operations, and prevent further terrorism by winning the hearts of young muslims: THAT'S the Democrats' plan.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #67
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Guess who said this "Mr Political Science Guy"?

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay ANY PRICE, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any FRIEND, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
Liberty? Like the freedom of speech? Right, thanks for making my point.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #68
Cure
Agnostic Cards fan

Cure is on a distinguished road

I'm not convinced that the Democrats have a plan, but I'm certain the Administration doesn't have one.

And while I was all for executing Saddam, they probabably could have picked a better day than the holiest day in the Sunni calendar... that wasn't real smart.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #69
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
...winning the hearts of young muslims: THAT'S the Democrats' plan...
LET'S QUOTE THAT AGAIN=>

"....winning the hearts of young muslims: THAT'S the Democrats' plan..."

I couldn't agree with you more....

Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #70
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
And as for the Dems, they have no real strategy! The Democrats only want what is good for thier party, not the country. The terrorists want YOU and I DEAD!!
Precisely!

:thumbup:
Old 01-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #71
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, degrees in History and Poly Sci prepare you for no real jobs. All you can do with them is study further and develop a usable skill. Law school, PHD programs in History, etc, are reasonable goals for one with your background. College professor, lawyer, historical researcher, politician. Those are jobs you may be qualified for after a few more years of study.
I hope you do a better job of supplying answers to questions for your professors than you have with mine, for your sake. I would not give your responses a passing grade thusfar.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #72
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

No Fresh, I am not singling you out. I have had a lot of difficulty explaining things to people like you in the past and the problem always stems from me not knowing where the lack of understanding lies. If one would be able to articulate the problem in a direct question, one would get a rational, easily understandable response from me.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #73
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Liberty? Like the freedom of speech? Right, thanks for making my point.

Again, can you answer the question? Anyhow, who said you don't have the freedom of speech?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #74
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fresh, degrees in History and Poly Sci prepare you for no real jobs. All you can do with them is study further and develop a usable skill. Law school, PHD programs in History, etc, are reasonable goals for one with your background. College professor, lawyer, historical researcher, politician. Those are jobs you may be qualified for after a few more years of study.
I hope you do a better job of supplying answers to questions for your professors than you have with mine, for your sake. I would not give your responses a passing grade thusfar.
I'm not sure what you mean by this but I feel you are falling into continuing problem. Saying I do not recieve a passing grade basically means you disagree with me. However, the majority of this country would give me a "passing grade" as far as my predictions and suggestions for the war in Iraq. The majority of this country would also give those who are still in support of sending more troops to Iraq a failing grade. Likewise, the majority of those in the intelligence community agree with my point of view.

So if you disagree with me catman, explain why, but again, don't pawn it off as fact. I have continually present my ideas and beliefs as opinions, and I wish you would do the same.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #75
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Again, can you answer the question? Anyhow, who said you don't have the freedom of speech?
IntheNet is against freedom of speech. He suggested that we ARREST those disagree with the war. That's what my point was. If we are fighting a war "for our freedom," how much sense does it make to take away those freedoms at home (i.e. taking away freedom of speech or the passing of the Patriot Act.)?

I don't know off the top of my head who said the quote. I guess that makes me a big moron...

Anyone else want to insult someone for having a difference of opinion?

Think Fresh.