Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 06-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road
Default SEC Preview Released

I found a great in-depth SEC preview on a website. If you click on the team name, it will go to link and if you scroll down a little it shows the games the site predicts them to win and lose. Also, there are some small links at the top right of this page like All-SEC teams and stuff. Enjoy. I'll put up the Big Ten tomorrow.

SEC Preview
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

My mouth is watering already. Auburn is definately everyone's favorite to win the West, including mine. The onlt team that has any kind of chance will be LSU.

33, is the Bama game in Auburn or Tuscaloosa? That game will probably be the last time the game will be competitive for a few years IMO.

The East will probably be a 2 horse race between UGA and UT. With all due respect to Joey, I just think U.F. is gonna be in a real hurt this year. Let's just call it a feeling I have. That, and the fact that you just don't replace a Rex Grossman.

UGA imo lost just a bit too much to stay with UT this year. I hope I am wrong, but I think Clausen is due to have a good year. Last year UGA was lucky that he was hurt, otherwise they probably would have lost that game as well as UF.

So Auburn vs. UT in the SEC title, and Auburn should win it. That being said, stranger things have happened, so we'll see come December.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

It said Auburn over Florida in the championship and the Bama game is in Auburn. Also Mike, did you notice that they picked Auburn to go 11-1 with a loss to Georgia? That would make me sick.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:11 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

LOL! I bet it would.

Anybody that puts UF in the title game is smoking something other than cigarettes, so don't get too worried just yet.

Although it is about time we won a home game vs the Tigers....
Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

Well, I sure would like to see the Gators instead of facing ya'll or Tennessee for the second time. I hope that the situation when Auburn plays UGA is that if Auburn wins UGA is eliminated from the East race, and if UGA wins, UGA clinches the East and Auburn wins the west with a win over Bama so that if we win, we don't have to see you again, but if we lose, we get another shot at you. And that very well might be the case.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

33, I think I know what you are saying. If Auburn loses to UGA in the reg. season, you want a rematch in the SEC title game, correct?

I am efforting to get tickets to the Auburn game, and it looks like everything will be a go. I just haven't made up my mind if I want to spend $75 a pop on tickets.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #7
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

Yeah, I have a friend with season tickets for him and his wife, and his wife has said that she doesn't want to go, so hopefully that will hold up. But I'm really going to be miserable if I go there and UGA wins. I was miserable when I went last year to the UT game when Georgia won. What made it worse is that I was wearing a UT hat. Also, my parents know a huge donator to Auburn, and that's where I got my tickets to the Bama vs. Auburn game last year because they thought Auburn was going to lose and called and asked if I wanted them. So, I might get it through them. But I'll meet you somewhere maybe and we can be unmasked.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #8
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Sounds good. Maybe we won't kill each other. (don't worry about the baseball bat. I always carry it with me.)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:43 PM   #9
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

Well, maybe by then, we'll be agreeing about how incredible the Falcons are. I'm 100% with you on the Falcons pride. It has been so frustrating being a fan like that, but I think they are stacked this year. We'll talk about it later because this is driving me in sane because I am getting pumped up about a game in 151 days if my math is correct.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:56 PM   #10
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

33, thanks for the link. I must say I am surprised to see Florida projected in the SEC Title game, and a 9-3 record for the Gators next year would be outstanding from where I see it. However, I don't think Florida will win the East and play in the SEC title game. I am with Mike on this one, for I have UT playing Auburn for a second time in the SEC Title game.

UT has already been burned once by beating LSU during the regular season, then to get beat by LSU in the SEC Title game a few years ago(a game that cost them a National title shot). 33, that would suck if Auburn went undefeated, and then lost in the SEC Championship game. I just don't like these Conference Championship games. One reason being the Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, Big East and others don't have such a game to ruin their season with. I hate the fact the SEC and Big 12 made these games up for money purposes.

Also, on a final thought, I sure hope Florida does not lose to Arkanslaw as the link suggested. That is a road game, but I could not stand the fact that Florida lost to them. They have owned Arkanslaw since they have been in the SEC, but have only played them a few times since the 12 team conference was started. The sad thing is if they lost to Arkanslaw, that would mean Florida would have lost to Mississippi Mistake, Ole Miss, and Arkanslaw all within a 4 year period.....ouch.

Joey
Old 06-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #11
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

My obligation, of course, is to comment on my Cats...

They're not giving my Wildcats any love, but that's about what I've come to expect. New coach and lost a good amount of players, most notably Artose Pinner. But I think we will pull off some surprises and Jared Lorenzen, likely to be much more trim, will break some records because new Coach Brooks likes to throw it. This team will be golden on offense and struggle on defense, which is nothing new for UK.

Kentucky is still a joke to the rest of the SEC, but that will change. Hopefully, by the time I get there, UK will be good in football as it is in basketball. Give our coaching staff time to recruit players to fit its system. It already has some great ones coming in.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:10 PM   #12
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Don't be too hard on your 'Cats, Marc. As long as there are Commodores present in the SEC, at least you won't (likely) finish last overall...

Dave
Old 06-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #13
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally posted by I OWN THIS

Also, on a final thought, I sure hope Florida does not lose to Arkanslaw as the link suggested. That is a road game, but I could not stand the fact that Florida lost to them. They have owned Arkanslaw since they have been in the SEC, but have only played them a few times since the 12 team conference was started. The sad thing is if they lost to Arkanslaw, that would mean Florida would have lost to Mississippi Mistake, Ole Miss, and Arkanslaw all within a 4 year period.....ouch.

Joey
For your sake, I hope UF doesn't lose to them either Joey. I know a loss to them AND UGA in the same season would break your heart.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:30 PM   #14
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Florida losing to Arkanslaw and UGA in the same year just does not sound right Mike....lol. This might be the year though, and if it does happen it would break my heart. Thing is, Florida will get revenge eventually. Mike speaking of revenge, that is something UGA has been looking forward to since 1997 right......that was the last time UGA beat Florida. Robert Edwards went nuts that game, a game I want to forget about altogether.

Joey
Old 06-19-2003, 10:32 AM   #15
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally posted by I OWN THIS
Mike speaking of revenge, that is something UGA has been looking forward to since 1997 right......

Joey
LOL. Just rub it in why don't ya?