Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #151
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

SouthLink02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by buckeyefan78
K State...the biggest chicken s**** in all the world ( like that one Dave?).
Amen. Amen. Oh, Amen.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:38 AM   #152
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Here's another fun fact...

Florida is 1-5 vs teams from the Big 5 conferences since 2000.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Keep playin' those pop warner teams Florida !
Oh man, some people.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:39 AM   #153
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

I promise I am more interesting people but i am just so damn tired from work, that I am writing in spurts
Old 07-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #154
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Southlink, I really hope if we make it to the SEC title game that we won't be playing Auburn again. I have my fingers crossed that they will have a huge midseason meltdown.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #155
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Mike
Southlink, I really hope if we make it to the SEC title game that we won't be playing Auburn again. I have my fingers crossed that they will have a huge midseason meltdown.
I think just getting to the SECCG would be fine, IMO. I have siad it from the beginning that I feel that LSU will win the very competitive West.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #156
Mike
Rookie Player

Mike is on a distinguished road

check your pm's southlink
Old 07-02-2003, 02:26 PM   #157
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by SouthLink02
I think just getting to the SECCG would be fine, IMO. I have siad it from the beginning that I feel that LSU will win the very competitive West.
Now this is scary. Joey and i have discussed the championship game earlier, and i said that i thought LSU could take the west right out from underneath Auburn. I guess great minds think alike.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #158
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Mike
Now this is scary. Joey and i have discussed the championship game earlier, and i said that i thought LSU could take the west right out from underneath Auburn. I guess great minds think alike.
All I have to do is convince you that the Saints will beat the Falcons next year...
Old 07-02-2003, 02:50 PM   #159
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

LOL! I'll get back to you on that one.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #160
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Why is everyone so hyped on LSU?

Ok, I'm out of my element here, talking with you southern boys about the SEC here, but what makes LSU so special this year? They basically said to hell with it their last 6 games last year, going 2-4.They have yet to live up to the hype of greatness after Saban took over too. LSU's schedule is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO weak that perhaps they may upset Auburn in getting the West, but I still say that LSU isn't all that good.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #161
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why is everyone so hyped on LSU?

Ok, I'm out of my element here, talking with you southern boys about the SEC here, but what makes LSU so special this year? They basically said to hell with it their last 6 games last year, going 2-4.They have yet to live up to the hype of greatness after Saban took over too. LSU's schedule is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO weak that perhaps they may upset Auburn in getting the West, but I still say that LSU isn't all that good.
Buck, I attended every LSU home game from 1985 to 1999 and a majority from 2000 and 2001. Not many last year though. I went to EVERY home baseball series at LSU up till I was 3 from when I went to UGA. Safe to say, I bleed LSU up until I went to college.

What makes LSU so good? In my bias opinion, they have a INCREDIBLE set of WR's with great speed (see the Ark and Texas games) and maybe the best WR in the SEC in Clayton. Their QB situation is Mauck and anyone who argues that is wrong. Saban will go with Mauck and the guy can get it done, IMO. Is he great? No. Can he throw the deep pass? Not really but he can play the LSU style of game in not screwing up and running as a QB, even with his injury. The O-Line is one of the best in the SEC and another LSU RB will emerge from the ranks to be at least decent or better. Louisiana has produced some very solid RBs at LSU.

Their defense is good but not great. Got a decent amount returning but what I think is their strength which many others dont is their D-Line. LB core will be hurt a little by James departure but it should be good.

LSU wont make great but they have enough to get it done.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #162
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Clayton, as a junior, should be the best WR in the SEC, but I am not sold on Matt Mauck's passing ability. Clayton could be a top 5 receiver in all of college football, even with a loaded receiver position this year across the country, but I think Mauck throwing him the ball will hinder his numbers.

I just don't see LSU having that much success on offense to beat the Auburn Tigers with their loaded backfield and tough defense. I do think LSU has a very good chance to beat Florida in back to back years, something that has not happened since the late 80's. I know LSU won the game in 1997(you were probably there at that night game), and they crushed Florida last year in the swamp at night. I am thinking playing LSU at night is not a good idea.

The West will have some very good games, and it is always a free for all over there. I like Auburn come to out of there though, with a win over LSU being a key to them winning the West.

Joey
Old 07-02-2003, 09:18 PM   #163
SouthLink02
Grizzled Veteran

Ya, it wouldnt surprise me if AU beat LSU but I still think that if LSU's passing offense gets on a roll, they can beat Auburn. If not...well...it may be a different story.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #164
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

marshall thundering herd all the way
Old 07-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #165
Bucknut
Grizzled Veteran

Bucknut is on a distinguished road

Hopefully Ohio State! But if I had to bet all of my money on it, I'd guess Auburn & Texas.

Hi SL, welcome to Sports Central. :wavey: I visit four forums regularly...SL goes to three of them. :goof:
Closed Thread