Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Old 11-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road
Default SEC Preview

Looks like the SEC will be a tough conference again this coming season...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_...vals&type=lgns

I think Tennessee will improve a lot over last year; Lofton is an awesome outside threat....
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I know I'm about as unbiased as FOX News, but people are sleeping on Kentucky like this did on Florida last season. Remember when Florida lost all those starters and people didn't give them a chance? That ended well — in a title. I've seen Kentucky play two exhibitions and their freshman class is remarkable. They also have a new strength and conditioning coach, a former boxer, and they are all ripped liked back in the Pitino days.

This team has chemistry last year's team lacked and I am super high on them. Rondo seemed to cause problems last year and the team never worked as a unit. The feeling this season is like in 2003 when they went undefeated in the SEC and won 30 games. Teams have to respect Ramel Bradley, our new PG, who can shoot the ball, unlike Rondo, who they would play off since he can't shoot. Randolph Morris is a beast inside and will get All-SEC honors if he can stay out of foul trouble. Joe Crawford is confident and ready to be the leading scorer. He came in with the heralded 2004 class (Morris, Bradley, Rondo, Crawford) as the #2 guard in the country and has the talent to shine.

But that's not to take away from Florida and the rest of the SEC. I think the SEC will be the top conference in basketball and it already is in football, top to bottom. I wonder how hungry will Florida be, though. LSU also has a lot of guys returning, as does the entire league. Can't wait for hoops! UK enters the Maui Invitational with a potential UCLA matchup in a few weeks. I can hardly wait.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Marc, I totally agree with you on Kentucky. They have all the tools to rise to the top of the conference. I can totally see Kentucky & Florida battling it out for the SEC crown. Looking forward to January and the SEC schedule....
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

Rajon Rando = Aaron Brooks

Talented players who couldn't lead and poisoned the atmosphere. Let's hope for some major Ewing Theory bounceback in Lexington.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

UGA still feeling the fallout from Harrick. Just one more reason Michael Adams should be fired.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote