Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #1
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road
Default Lord Jamal

Well I think it's safe to say it's been a very disapointing season for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, as we all know. It's a shame though, because Big Red's got a pretty good signal-caller this year. His name is Lord, Jamal Lord. If you look at his stats you'd think Eric Crouch came back. Nope. If Nebraska was contending Lord would definatley be in the Heisman race. Becuase he has had good numbers all season, he wouldn't just get consideration because he had a long run against Missouri and a TD catch to beat Oklahoma. His passing stats are not the most impressive, but they're decent: 957 yards, 8 TD's, 8 INT's. His rushing stats are the reason I bring him up, he has 179 carries for 1,155 yards and 8 TD's, pretty damn good if you ask me. He has 5 games in which he's rushed for 100 yards or more and two of those games he's rushed for 200+ including a 234-yard effort against Texas last night.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

The J you failed to mention ONE huge difference between Lord and Crouch. Crouch would not have thrown that pass with 20 seconds to go in the game, while already being in FG range and down just 3 points. That was a boneheaded play by the QB. You dont throw a pass into double coverage, at that point, in that spot, in that area of the field.

Lord can run with the ball. But his decision making at the end of the Texas game and throughout the Penn St game was terrible.
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:50 PM   #3
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Lord has to be a great runner, because if he weren't the Cornhuskers might as well not play offense! I think Lord has been more effective in the Nebraska offense in the past couple of weeks, but in games against Penn State, Iowa State he was a total non factor....he actually hurt his team dramatically in both games! He is getting better, but he is not really good...and this being his first season playing I can understand that! Nebraska might want to recruit a passing Qb every once in a while!

Joey
Old 11-04-2002, 10:44 PM   #4
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

I'm not praising or anything, I'm just saying what he's done has been pretty amazing, all the rushing yards, etc.