Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough
Default HOF Semifinalists

The list came out a couple weeks ago, and I think it's a pretty good one for the most part.

Terrell Davis, Dermontti Dawson, Fred Dean, Richard Dent, Randy Gradishar, Kevin Greene, Russ Grimm, Ray Guy, Charles Haley, Lester Hayes, Michael Irvin, Bob Kuechenberg, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Art Modell, Art Monk, Andre Reed, Ken Stabler, Paul Tagliabue, Derrick Thomas, Thurman Thomas, Andre Tippett, Roger Wehrli, George Young, Gary Zimmerman

The next step narrows this list to 15. Here's my list:

Terrell Davis, Dermontti Dawson, Randy Gradishar, Kevin Greene, Russ Grimm, Lester Hayes, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Art Monk, Paul Tagliabue, Derrick Thomas, Thurman Thomas, Roger Wehrli, George Young, Gary Zimmerman

I still haven't decided yet whether or not I think Davis should be in, but voting him into the Finals gives me more time to decide. Matthews, Monk, and Thurman Thomas are no-brainers. I think Tagliabue deserves to be in, and we might as well get him off the ballot now.

There are semifinalists I'd never vote for, but the only completely undeserving name on the list is Modell's. No way the man who moved the Browns from Cleveland deserves to be in the Hall. Furthermore, other owners (I could name a half-dozen off the top of my head) have had much more impact on the game.

I know we've had a lot of discussions about Monk here in the past, and for those who missed it, SI's Peter King, one of the voters, has finally switched and said he'll vote for Monk. Better late than never.
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I would love to see Monk get in this year. I was extremely pleased to read Peter Kings comments this week in MMQB, as in past years, I have wanted to drive to NY and make him choke on his starbucks for refusing to vote for Monk.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I think Randall McDaniel as well. I seem to remember him being considered the best at his position when he was at the top of his game.

I think Tags gets in too. The sport did, after all, become the most popular sport in the country under his watch.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote