Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 01-31-2004, 02:35 AM   #1
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up How about those T'Wolves?

I think the T'Wolves could be the new super power of the Western Conference teams. Garnett, Sprewell, Olowakandi and Cassell could be as formidable as O'Neal, Kobe and Payton (Malone is still injured and who knows when he'll be back). This will defintely be the year the T'Wolves get out of the 1st round.
Spikedmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:43 AM   #2
El Jefe
Philosopher of Sport

El Jefe is on a distinguished road

They're certainly meeting offseason expectations. The playoffs are a different story, but I've never seen a T-Wolves team with such potential. With that said, the Warriors own them this year. =D
Old 01-31-2004, 05:14 AM   #3
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Clipps is on a distinguished road

The Wolves look like a really good group. I think it's laughable to say Olowokandi's name in the same sentance as KG, Spree, and Cassel. Seriously. For all you Wolves fans. Even when healthy, the Kandy man really isn't much to get excited about. He has horrible attitude, he is very lazy and has no motive to do anything to improve his game. During his Clip days, they hired Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to teach the Kandi man a thing or 2 about being a good center but his lazy, stupid attitide thought he was too good to get tought by a ledgend.

Kancer man is a joke for all I care and the Wolves are better off if they sign or trade for a new, veteran center. But who knows, maybe Olowokandi will prove me wrong.

Man, I can't believe the Clippers used their 1st overall draft pick. What the hell did he do that was so great in college that made the Clippers want to waste their 1st draft pick on him when there were players like Mike Bibby, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, etc.

Kandi Man is the next Pervis Ellison.
*****pass me the bottle and fill the glass up
Clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

It was comical to hear Kareem Rush run his piehole after the game. He said we would never, EVER shoot that well again. And that we got lucky....yada....yada....yada.

We shot around 47% for the game. We averge 46% for the season. maybe Shaq needs to stuff him into a locker and tell him to shut up and just keep his spot on the bench warm. We are a jump shooting team. It's what we do, and have done, for the last 7 years. If Shaq didn't run his mouth after the game, as he's known to do, then Kareem needs to shut up. It says "Rush" on his jersey, not "Abdul-Jabbar"

On a side note, how funny would it be that after going 0-for-7 in the first round, in one year we jump to the Western Conference Finals or beyond. LOL...talk about a leap!
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
FSUViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

The T-Wolves will surely get out of the first-round this year, IMO. But to contend with the super powers, they need Kandi Man at the top of his game. He is their lone disappointment. Spree, Sam I Am, and K.G. are all playing very well.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:42 AM   #6
air_canada
Youngster

air_canada is on a distinguished road

Olowokandi never did much in college or elsewhere. The book "Skywalking" by Jeff Rud gives a detailed account of how the seven-foot-some Olowokandi opened a directory of American universities, fell upon the University of the Pacific, and called them to say, "I'm seven feet tall and I want to play basketball." The only problem was that Olowokandi had never played organized basketball in his life. His time at Pacific, as a basketball player anyway, was spent learning the basics of the game. I wouldn't expect him to be such a great NBA player knowing that.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #7
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Wow. Kandi man didn't play basketball before College, didn't do anything to make Pacific a team to look at, yet, he was worthy of the number 1 draft pick. Man, that's an insperational story. Maybe 5 of us on these boards can be the first 5 picks of the NBA draft in 3 years. After hearing that on Kandi, anything is special.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:45 AM   #8
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Elgin Baylor was a major idiot. Hopefully he won't pull off anything that dumb again. Clippers need a PG. Hopefully they can take Nelson, Felton, Telfair or Livingston (if telfair and livingston enter the draft). And not pick another big man.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
mattyc
Grizzled Veteran

mattyc is on a distinguished road

Still lack a quality centre, but Spree is the man, while Cassell and KG are ripping it up. The Wolves could advance this year.
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #10
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
The T-Wolves will surely get out of the first-round this year, IMO. But to contend with the super powers, they need Kandi Man at the top of his game. He is their lone disappointment. Spree, Sam I Am, and K.G. are all playing very well.
And, who might these "superpowers" be that we need to contend with? The Lakers, that we are 2-0 against? San Antonio? 2-0. Sacto? 1-1...Dallas? 1-1

The Spurs, Mavs, and Kings don't have any one at the center position to worry about. Outside of Shaq and Ben Wallace, there are no centers in the NBA worth losing sleep over anymore. We have the best record in the NBA without a center, so I'm not worried about it affecting us anytime soon.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
FSUViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:09 AM   #11
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Dude, even when Kandiman is completely healthy, and he knows the Championship is on the line, and the Wolves need him for size, he will still stand araound like his lazy self and allow a game winning layup or dunk over him.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:38 AM   #12
mattyc
Grizzled Veteran

mattyc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleReign009
And, who might these "superpowers" be that we need to contend with? The Lakers, that we are 2-0 against? San Antonio? 2-0. Sacto? 1-1...Dallas? 1-1

The Spurs, Mavs, and Kings don't have any one at the center position to worry about. Outside of Shaq and Ben Wallace, there are no centers in the NBA worth losing sleep over anymore. We have the best record in the NBA without a center, so I'm not worried about it affecting us anytime soon.
Your're not worried about Divac and Brad Miller?
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:31 AM   #13
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road

Divac, no. Miller, yes. You're missing Jermaine O'Neal and Dirk Nowitzki (who IS playing center)
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:42 PM   #14
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I like the way Sprewell is playing.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #15
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleReign009

Believe it or not, Brad Miller has been playing very well for Sacramento. Webber will be back soon, although he does play PF. I stil think you need a decent big man.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote