Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Marshall did in fact give WVU a tussle, for no more than one half, of course.

I like what Marshall is building there. They have a decent team. They'll compete in the C-USA this year, but they won't win it. I like TCU, and maybe even more, I like ECU.

WVU's D continues to look bad. When they play Louisville, look for new scoring and yardage records to result. Could be an 84-77 final, the way the two are playing D right now.

Credit Marshall's loss in some part to their coach's chickening out and refusing to go for the TD at the end of the first half. Ultimately, it wouldn't have changed the final result, but when all it took to tie the game was a quick opening drive of the second half, you had to know that the Herd was discouraged, and would be folding up in short order.

Upset winners are hard to find tonight: Oregon over MAC-North Division team University of Michigan might not be considered an upset.
South Carolina stealing one behind the hedges definitely counts, but ask if I'm surprised, and well, no, not really. Richt is a complete coaching buffoon. A recruiting whiz, but if he gets in a football IQ war, he loses. Plain and simple.

USF goes to Jordan-Hare and wins it in OT. Nice game by the Bulls. For some reason, though, I watch that team and just can't take them seriously. If their kicker could connect, they would have won by several points. Five turnovers the Bulls gathered up, and how many points did they come away with: Three. That's just sad.

Still, the Big East is undefeated, till you include Syracuse. The poor Orange are hopeless, and Robinson may be fired before November. True, they've played a pair of pretty tough opponents, but they haven't been even slightly competitive in those games.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #17
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Have to agree w/Dave on ECU, they look like last year was no fluke.

Looked like a genius on the Marshall pick for 1 half. And the coach going for the FG at the end of the 1st half was a real chickens way out. 20 seconds on the clock, 1st down and one time out from the 9, and you set up for the FG? IMO, gave WVU momentum coming out into the 2nd half.

Been preaching USF for a year now, but couldn't even watch the game last night b/c I couldn't handle more disappointment. (That's why I won't mention UGA/SC again)
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
10 games where the home team is favored but should be cautious...

Southern Miss at Tennessee
Kent State at Kentucky
UTEP at Texas Tech
BYU at UCLA
Toledo at Central Michigan
Rice at Baylor
Air Force at Utah
North Carolina at East Carolina
San Diego State vs. Washington State
New Mexico State at New Mexico
The only road team that won was Air Force. :uhoh:

Go figure. :lol:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #19
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I was so happy to see Auburn lost at home against UCF.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #20
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

Anyone mention Boise State going down?