Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Obama calls Israel a Sore, And Loses W.V Big Time

He (BHO) says he would use diplomacy with leaders of Iran, Hezbollah, and Hammas, which are all anti-American in every dimension and recently Obama made reference to Israel as a SORE of all thingshttp://www.democrats.org/page/commun...eternevai/ChQp . Now, yes, I could be wrong, ....because just like Adolf Hitler, he is misleading with such cloudy words, and talk! I don't trust crafty talkers,....EVER! I think that his words are the very same words that Rev Wright said in front of his FACE for over 20 years. ....And it appears Obama took the REV's words to heart (and religious soul)! HE HATES ISRAEL! MARK MY WORD!

West Virginia made a statement tonight,..and a Dem has not been elected as president when losing West Virginia since Herbert Hoover,...the GREAT DEPRESSION CANDIDATE as he was known as! ....FACT.

Hillary CLOBBERED Obama in WEST VIRGINIA! Obama now says they need to unite the Dems,...doesn't seem like thats happening!

Obama is a MOONBAT, and his wife still hates America like she said she did before!

Last edited by DETMURDS; 05-13-2008 at 10:29 PM.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I saw a poll from the Democrats that says that if Obama is the nominee, 35% of Hillary's supporters will vote for him. Not too bad considering 34% would vote for McCain and 24% would not vote at all.
Looks like the party is unravelling in front of our eyes. Too bad the Republicans nominated McCain rather than someone that can unite the country. Maybe there's still time to draft Colin Powell?

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Let me say, as a Hillary supporter, that this is a smear: Barack Obama characterized the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - not Israel - as a "sore."

But I do have to laugh at all this talk of a "two-state solution" to the aforementioned conflict - for the two states are already in place, and have been in place for 60 years: Israel, and Jordan.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Let me say, as a Hillary supporter, that this is a smear: Barack Obama characterized the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - not Israel - as a "sore."

But I do have to laugh at all this talk of a "two-state solution" to the aforementioned conflict - for the two states are already in place, and have been in place for 60 years: Israel, and Jordan.
You think he would have said that then?

He is so stupid for leaving every door open to make him look,...well, ..the way he looks.

Hitler did the very same cloudy type of "beating around the bush" talk.

"2 State Solution" is all about HATRED as well.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Meanwhile, lost in all the Hillary hoopla:

GOP loses another special election in House
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Of course he lost WV. A bunch of rednecks are never going to vote for an intelligent black man.

Again, DET compares Obama to Hitler... You are irresponsible and quite ignorant DET.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Of course he lost WV. A bunch of rednecks are never going to vote for an intelligent black man.

Again, DET compares Obama to Hitler... You are irresponsible and quite ignorant DET.
:thumbsup2:

It is sad, but true. I don't get why poor whites are anti-Obama.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Perhaps they aren't yet ready to rush over to a party that considers them "a bunch of rednecks." Its amazing to me how elitists are suprised when the people they put down don't come out to vote for their candidates in droves.

Last edited by Richard the Lionheart; 05-14-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Richard the Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard the Lionheart View Post
Perhaps they aren't yet ready to rush over to a party that considers them "a bunch of rednecks." Its amazing to me how elitists are suprised when the people they put down don't come out to vote for their candidates in droves.
:lol:

I see your point Ricky, and that is the same reason blacks don't vote for republicans.

Truth is, lower-class whites vote against their interests every election when they vote republican. They vote on abortion, gun rights, and fear - meanwhile voting for the party that rapes them economically.

Think Fresh.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

If that is true, the Democratic party hurts itself with its elitist attitudes. These are, according to your theory, potential voters they are alienating.

And I would also say that there is much more to politics than economics. That seems like a very materialistic attitude.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
If that is true, the Democratic party hurts itself with its elitist attitudes. These are, according to your theory, potential voters they are alienating.

And I would also say that there is much more to politics than economics. That seems like a very materialistic attitude.
Right, and the republican party isn't elitist?

Of course there is more to politics that economics. My point is, very little ever changes in terms of abortion or gun rights - the things that many of these people vote on. On the other hand, the president elected has a huge influence on trade, job growth, oil prices, and blue collar jobs... Just take a look at what the current president has done to destroy our economy and compare that to the previous president.

Basically, they are voting on things that will never change, or change very little, while voting against their interests when it comes to things that the president actually affects.

Think Fresh.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

I'm not going to talk about whether the Democratic party is actually better for poor people, because that will open up a huge debate and I really don't care either way. Both parties' economic policies are horrible for the nation in my opinion.

But leaving that aside, I will say that this kind of social issue voting is the case with everyone--not just poor white Republicans. I would say that regardless of party, by far the most enthusiasm is put into Presidential elections because the people want a man in office, representing their country, that they feel shares their sentiments and thinks about issues in the same way they do--even if the President can't necessarily do something substantial right away about those issues.

Most people don't understand the ins and outs of a trade deal, but they do know that the guy in office is "like them". This is the case for west-coast "liberals" as well as rust-belt Republicans.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #13
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
I'm not going to talk about whether the Democratic party is actually better for poor people, because that will open up a huge debate and I really don't care either way. Both parties' economic policies are horrible for the nation in my opinion.

But leaving that aside, I will say that this kind of social issue voting is the case with everyone--not just poor white Republicans. I would say that regardless of party, by far the most enthusiasm is put into Presidential elections because the people want a man in office, representing their country, that they feel shares their sentiments and thinks about issues in the same way they do--even if the President can't necessarily do something substantial right away about those issues.

Most people don't understand the ins and outs of a trade deal, but they do know that the guy in office is "like them". This is the case for west-coast "liberals" as well as rust-belt Republicans.
I disagree. I don't think people on the left give a **** if the person they are voting for is "like them." I don't think most people on the left even consider things like, "I'd like to have a beer with that guy."

I think people on the left are much more pragmatic in who they decide to vote for. "What can he do for the country? What can he do for me?"

I'd vote for a pro-life, Christian, who likes to go hunting if I thought he could help the country.

Too many people on the right view intellect as a bad thing, and a "man of the people" as a good thing.

Most people on the left don't want a "man of the people."

I want a president who is better than the people.

Think Fresh.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I disagree. I don't think people on the left give a **** if the person they are voting for is "like them." I don't think most people on the left even consider things like, "I'd like to have a beer with that guy."

I think people on the left are much more pragmatic in who they decide to vote for. "What can he do for the country? What can he do for me?"

I'd vote for a pro-life, Christian, who likes to go hunting if I thought he could help the country.

Too many people on the right view intellect as a bad thing, and a "man of the people" as a good thing.

Most people on the left don't want a "man of the people."

I want a president who is better than the people.
I think, that this is complete poppeycock. :lol: I don't know if I've spelled that right because I never have used it before, but this situation just cries out for it. So, you're telling me, that liberals don't vote on social issues? HA! How many pro-life Democrats do you see winning big elections? Meanwhile, the Republican party has just nominated someone is a pagan power worshipper for all we know. Liberals care about social issues just as much as conservatives. This isn't even debatable in my mind. If this wasn't the case, Bush, who by all accounts has not been a very conservative President economically, would not be hated by "liberals".

I sincerely doubt you would ever vote for a pro-life Christian, because your party would probably never nominate one, but I'll take you at your word.

As far as your last 3 sentences go, that's where the real poppeycock comes in. This is so ridiculous it makes me smile, so thanks for that. Liberal leaders are always moulded and advertised as men of the people. That is a facet of the "left" since the beginning of time in every country. Real elitisim, as in the idea that we want representatives who are above and better than the people, has always been an aristocratic or conservative principle in politics. I think you're either mixing some things up or your sentiments aren't as "liberal" as you'd like to think.

And as far as your "men of intellect" go, I don't think anything more needs to be said about it than I said in a different post a few days earlier. It's just such an arrogant notion, really beneath you.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #15
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Bush, who by all accounts has not been a very conservative President economically, would not be hated by "liberals".
Bush has cut taxes. He has refused to raise taxes on the very wealthy. Bush has pre-emptively invaded a nation that posed no threat to America. Bush has drawn back civil liberites.

Those are the reasons "liberals" hate him. It has nothing to do with his social values. The fact that he hates homosexuals doesn't help, but it isn't the main reason.

Quote:
I sincerely doubt you would ever vote for a pro-life Christian, because your party would probably never nominate one, but I'll take you at your word.
We vote for a Christian every election.

Quote:
Real elitisim, as in the idea that we want representatives who are above and better than the people, has always been an aristocratic or conservative principle in politics. I think you're either mixing some things up or your sentiments aren't as "liberal" as you'd like to think.
It's a different type of "elitism." The aristocratic or conservative elitism you are talking about is class-elitism or financial elitism - the idea that those with more money are more qualified. It also harbors elements of racial and gender elitism, but that is for another time.

The elitism I advocate is intellectual elitism. I don't care what kind of moeny you make, where you come from, what you do in your personal life, etc.. It has to do with intellect.

It stems from the hypothetical leaders in Plato's Utopian society - "The Philosopher Kings."

And as we all know, Plato is considered by many to be the first "liberal."

Think Fresh.