Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-13-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default I've seen some BS calls before....

But the offensive pass interference call against Leanord Pope that killed UGA tonight was atrocous. That, on top of bad play calling at the end of the game by Mark Richt (AGAIN!!!) cost Georgia another game vs. Auburn.

Not saying this is gonna happen, but Jim Donnan had a pretty good record at UGA, but his inability to beat Auburn and UF consistantly is what got him fired.Richt is not exactly looking like the best signal caller in the world to UGA fans at the moment. His offenses can't score TDs in the red zone, and he calls way too conservative. Course, I'm just really pissed at the moment, and my hands are typing words right now i will regret in the morning. :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

It's okay. At Kentucky, we're just glad to beat Vanderbilt, and we did! 3-6, baby! Props to Rafael Little, the dude leads the nation in all-purpose yards and had 350+ yards against Vandy!

I'm sure UGA will avenge their loss against my poor Wildcats this weekend, Mike.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Gohawks is on a distinguished road

Mike I know how you feel. Some of the defensive pass interfernce calls in the Iowa-Michigan game where enough to actually gain Michigan a much needed win against Iowa. But oh well that was awhile ago so the pain of those calls no longer linger.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

War Eagle!
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks
Mike I know how you feel. Some of the defensive pass interfernce calls in the Iowa-Michigan game where enough to actually gain Michigan a much needed win against Iowa. But oh well that was awhile ago so the pain of those calls no longer linger.

Gosh, these BIG 10 guys always have to compare everything to them, don't they
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 AM   #6
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

suedon...

We just like putting things in perspective using a REAL conference and REAL teams.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78

We just like putting things in perspective using a REAL conference and REAL teams.

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoken like a truly obnoxious OSU fan!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
suedon...

We're not going to get in the "my conference is better then yours" are we? Besides everyone knows the SEC is way better then the Big 10.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

As it stands now, the experts claim it will be Wisconsin vs. Auburn in the Capital One Bowl and Michigan vs. Georgia/South Carolina in the Outback Bowl. For some reason, Georgia Tech is projected to play Minn/NW in the Music City Bowl. That is usually the last of 3 bowls pitting the SEC vs. Big Ten. If anyone knows why that is, fill me in. I think it's because the SEC only has 6 teams elgible this year for bowls (hmmm...doesn't that say something).

Anyway, I think we (Michigan) can beat Georgia or South Carolina and we (Wisconsin) should be able to play well against Auburn. Our offense has the ability to seriously test the tough Tiger D. I think it will come down to how well Auburn's young skilled guys can play on O against a suspect Badger D. Plus it will be Alvarez's last game ever. I'm still leaning towards Auburn at this point...unfortunately.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 AM   #10
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Gohawks is on a distinguished road

Actually 78........ Here in Iowa we still feel like we have a shot at the Outback bowl.. Why you may ask??? Michigan fans have a very very large fan base BUT, Michigan with a 7-4 record..... usually the UM fans don't travel well on a disapointing season like this......However Iowa fans travel very very well to any bowl game we go to. Wisconsin is a lock for the Capital one bowl as long as tOSU gets the BCS bid. Minnnesota will end up in the Sun Bowl, And because NW has such a horrible fan base there gonna go to the Motor City bowl. I think the Big Ten is going to prove how good of a conference though... However I dont think Minny is going to stack up very well with UCLA... Although..... I don't think Iowa gets the bid to the Outback cause Michigan beat us...... "sigh' that NW loss sure is hurting right now....
Old 11-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Anyway, I think we (Michigan) can beat Georgia or South Carolina and we (Wisconsin) should be able to play well against Auburn.

Hey Buckeye fan, don't underestimate South Carolina and the 'Ole Ball Coach - he is quite the motivator. Also, although Wisconsin will be up for Barry's last game, they really don't have a chance against Auburn....
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970
Hey Buckeye fan, don't underestimate South Carolina and the 'Ole Ball Coach - he is quite the motivator. Also, although Wisconsin will be up for Barry's last game, they really don't have a chance against Auburn....
I dunno about that. Last year, going into the Outback, I didn't think Wisconsin would pose much of a threat against UGA, but that game was really tight.

Come on 78, Michigan may put up a fight against Carolina, but UGA would more than likely take em to the woodshed. Even you have to admit Michigan has been less than impressive this year.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #13
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

We will see guys. You have to remember Mike, Michigan has looked bad because they played such tough competiton. #1 SOS in the nation and 7 wins with 4 losses coming by less than 25 points. Again, these are just the projections, the real trash talking can begin when the suits sign their deals. If we only get two bowls against you guys it will be a shame. Hopefully we can go 1-1 there at the very least.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #14
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Anyway, I think we (Michigan) can beat Georgia ...
Oh, this is just so wrong.

Aren't you the guy who said you would rather have Ohio State finish 1-10 and beat Michigan than go 10-1 and lose to Michigan and lose the conference?

Yes you are. And I understand and share your Big Ten advocacy. But I shouldn't need to tell you this. Never, ever call Michigan "we!" UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Hell, we are probably being overly amiable by even CALLING them Michigan here instead of scUM, TSUN, or at best TTUN (look it up if you don't know).

You can grudgingly root for them as a representative of the Big Ten. You can even grudgingly admire the program as a whole (I've heard you wax poetic about Michigan before, and believe me, it wasn't nearly grudging enough). But "we?" Oh God. That's gross. That's incest.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #15
suedon1970
Sports Chick

I root for the SEC teams at bowl time against any other conference (Especially the Big Ten) but I absolutely HATE Tennessee & Georgia!!!!!
You still have your loyalties, and I bleed Orange & Blue, baby.....