Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default NBA Finals: Mavs vs. Heat

Tied 2-2 going back to Miami. Big story has been LeBron's disappearing act in the fourth quarter. I still think this is Miami's series to lose with the remaining games at home...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Well, so much for that. Congrats to the Mavs. Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, Peja, so many vets getting their first ring. And of course Mark Cuban, the best owner in sports, IMO. This wasn't Miami losing it as much as it was Dallas winning it. Unfortunately, all of the attention is on Miami and LeBron. LeBron issued a statement responding to the haters, and frankly it was a mistake, adding fuel to the fire.

Will the Big Three win a title?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But all the talk about the Heat being "losers" hits a major sore point with me (and I guess if I it came up in a questionnaire I'd identify myself as a 76ers fan, due to my family's South Jersey connections, so I have no personal axe to grind here).

Since when does being second best in a 30-team league constitute "failure"? And if it does, then shouldn't every team other than the Mavericks be eligible for the lottery?

This noxious way of thinking is akin to dioxin, contaminating everything it touches - and I find Dan Gilbert, owner of the aptly-dubbed Cleveland Cadavers, to be a particularly loathsome pinhead in all this: Instead of taunting the team that finished second, he should be thankful that his team finished ahead of the Timberwolves.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote