Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
destro
Sports Enthusiast

destro is on a distinguished road
Default Michigan overrated?

Im not a Mich fan so I dont know anyhting about them this year. or is Vandy that good of a team? I was expecting this game to be a 40-10 whooping, but it was a ok game up until the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter
destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
Wolverinesteve
Sports Enthusiast

Wolverinesteve is on a distinguished road

Actually michigan dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Run game was excellent.

D-line was dominant.

We left 10-14 points on the board due to drops and penalties and a fumble in the red zone. Vandy scored on a gimmick play for their only score and barely threatened the rest of the day. The score was not indicative of how lopsided the game was.

UM also ran a "vanilla" offense in this game and most likely will next week vs. CMU. We won't give Weiss much on film before the big matchup in a couple weeks.

I am satisfied with the exception of the pass protection, Grady's fumble, too many penalties, some key drops by the wr's.

Go Blue!
Wolverinesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Vandy is always a tough nut to crack. One of the ESPN announcers referred to them as pesky. They are typically a solid defensive team they can just never recruit enough quality depth to be a consistently good team.

Cal is the team that is looking pretty overrated right now.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Vanderbilt played a lousy game. If they had any sort of consistency at QB, this one would've been much closer. Nickson seemed to either make a really good play or a really bad play- not a lot in between. Way too many times he seemed to give up on a play too early and run or stand in the pocket too long and take a sack. I wouldn't surprised if the Arizona transfer, Kovalchuk, isn't starting at QB soon. Vandy could win a couple of games this season if the passing game improves. Way too many dropped balls.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Michigan's faults are easily fixable. They dominated the lines and established the running game...at least from what I heard on the radio cuz I was in Columbus. That is what it takes to win consistently (something Ohio State had no clue about today).
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
madden5000
Banned

madden5000 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro View Post
Im not a Mich fan so I dont know anyhting about them this year. or is Vandy that good of a team? I was expecting this game to be a 40-10 whooping, but it was a ok game up until the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter
Your thread:" Is Michigan overrated"?, makes no sense at all! You obviously did not watch the game. You probally just watched the ESPN highlights. Michigan is more like "underrated"! Beating a team 27-7,and only holding them to 7 points(TD) is a whooping. The wolverines defense dominated Vanderbilt.
Did you watch the Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech game? Why did you not post in the threads that Notre Dame is overrated? The score was 14-10 in favor of Notre Dame. GT dominated most of that game too.

Last edited by madden5000; 09-03-2006 at 12:50 PM.
madden5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #7
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden5000 View Post
Your thread:" Is Michigan overrated"?, makes no sense at all! ... Michigan is more like "underrated"!
First off, excellent job of turning around an "overrated" accusation. I can tell right off the bat that you are probably among the smartest Michigan fans in existance.

However, I do think a "Is Michigan overrated" thread makes perfect sense, especially after reading the initial post. Destro freely admits he doesn't know much about Michigan and is asking a legitimate question. In turn, Steve responded with (I assume) solid analysis, thus providing a real answer to the question.

And why is holding someone to seven points a whooping, but giving up 10 points is an obvious sign that ND was dominated?

-RB

Last edited by Noon; 09-03-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: because i would not enjoy stapling my sack to anything
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Of course they're overrated. They dominated the Vanderbuilt line? Big deal. They also played Michigan tough all game. Looks like this is finally Carr's last year.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Did you watch the Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech game? Why did you not post in the threads that Notre Dame is overrated? The score was 14-10 in favor of Notre Dame. GT dominated most of that game too.
You obviously didn't watch the whole game as Notre Dame dominated the second half of that game. How is it you can make that statement when Notre Dame outgained Ga Tech 384-259, had 21 first downs to Tech's 14, and held the ball 10 minutes longer than the Jackets did?

Georgia Tech did a good job of containing Notre Dame's offense and their defense had its way with them for most of the first half, but the idea they dominated them from start to finish is laughable.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #10
madden5000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky the Kid View Post
Of course they're overrated. They dominated the Vanderbuilt line? Big deal. They also played Michigan tough all game. Looks like this is finally Carr's last year.
This is not Carr's last year! Oh, and the buckeyes are going to get crushed by the longhorns this weekend! Have a nice day!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
fearthehawk47
Cleveland Rocks

fearthehawk47 is on a distinguished road

And if that happens, then the Buckeyes will just go crush the Wolverines like usual.
fearthehawk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #12
madden5000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthehawk47 View Post
And if that happens, then the Buckeyes will just go crush the Wolverines like usual.
Michigan record vs Ohio State, 57-39-6 like usual. I don't think so!:lol. Anyways, I think OSU fans can agree with me on this, that the Big Ten is the toughest conference in college football.

Last edited by madden5000; 09-03-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:22 AM   #13
destro
Sports Enthusiast

destro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your thread:" Is Michigan overrated"?, makes no sense at all! You obviously did not watch the game. You probally just watched the ESPN highlights. Michigan is more like "underrated"! Beating a team 27-7,and only holding them to 7 points(TD) is a whooping. The wolverines defense dominated Vanderbilt.

are you done crying? Do you feel better now?

Christ
destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I think Michigan will go 10-2 this season.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:50 AM   #15
madden5000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
I think Michigan will go 10-2 this season.
Alright then, what will Alabama's record be?