Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 01-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default Suns Drop 133 on the Knicks

Yikes!! The Knicks are just heading nowhere fast. The Suns dropped 133 on them tonight. Amongst some of the highlights Phoenix shot 54% from the field and hit 16-32 3-point attempts. Marion, Amare, Richardson, and Joe Johnson all scored 20+ points. Amare took 23 free throws
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

The Knicks have been big nothings for a while... I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The Suns however, as long as Nash is healthy, could go very far this year!
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:00 AM   #3
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

The knicks are one big problem. The have no chemistry between them and since Stephon opened his big mouth about him being #1 the have been playing horrible."Im not blaming that for there losses" The entire team seems to play as though they have given up already and there is no hope. They should stop trying to win a championship this year and focus on rebuilding
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

The Knicks have been god awful since 1999 Finals. New York City is, unfortunately, not a place to rebuild. Why did it take Glen Sather nearly five years to realize that a youth movement was needed to right the Rangers? Why did James Dolan sit on his ass for years and years while he let Scott Layden and Don Chaney do the bulk of the destroying? New York is used to George Steinbrenner "winning at all costs" and the Jets and Giants never seem to stumble for more than a year or two in the last decade. New York is an impatient city that wants to see wins and wins right now. I want a youth movement instated by the Knicks but the bad contracts that crippled the Rangers for so many years and now keep Jason Giambi in the Bronx, hurt the Knicks as well. Trevor Ariza looks like he is going to be a star in this league. Mike Sweetney may still be a solid player but he still has shown nothing to prove he was a worthwhile lottery pick.

This organization is a train wreck and James Dolan is going to have to throw Isiah Thomas in front of it to stop it. Herb Williams might as well start packing his bags. He isn't going to be around for very long.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

This game does show us though that the suns D is not good at all. The knicks droped 118 i think that night. ANy time you score 118 you should win but this does show how poor the Suns D is
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Not necessarily the rapidity at which Phoenix scores puts them in a position to give up that many more points. The Knicks only shot 43% in that game that is not exactly lighting it up out there. The Knicks scoring 118 is more of a testament to the Suns being a mediocre rebounding team. The Knicks got 23 offensive rebounds in that game and that is the reason they scored 118 points. The Suns are not a great defensive team, but they are not a horrible defensive team either. They are going to give up a lot of points because when they dictate the tempo both teams are throwing up a lot of shots. They play pretty good perimeter defense they are just weak under the basket.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

& that weakness under the boards will become more critical come playoff time when the tempo is more of a grind. I wouldn't call them horrible defensively but if I was a Suns fan, I'd be concerned when crunch time rolls around...
Old 02-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #8
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road

More people need to get the mentality of play your 5 best players.
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote