Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough
Default Bonds Failed Drug Test

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nes/index.html

Quote:
Barry Bonds, already under investigation for lying under oath about his steroid use, failed a test under Major League Baseball's amphetamine policy last season and then initially blamed it on a teammate, the Daily News has learned.

Under the policy, which went into effect only last season, players are not publicly identified for a first positive test.

But according to several sources, when first informed by the MLB Players Association of the positive test, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from the locker of teammate Mark Sweeney.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Of course he blames someone else for his failed test. As though he isn't capable of knowing what he is taking.....

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Jim Rome said it best this morining.. "I never knowingly went into Mark Sweeney's locker and took amphetamines. Allegedly."
Old 01-11-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Bonds is disgusting human being should be kicked out of baseball for ever and not allowed to approach the HR record. His name pops up and the first words out of his mouth are I didn't do it he did.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Mush, I'm just so frustrated with this guy... you said perfectly. This just goes on and on - I'm just so sick of it all now.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Agreed Steve ther seems to be no end in sight. My question is what the hell are the Giants going to do? Nothing. They will sit back and let MLB figure out what to do. What will MLB do? Nothing. Sit back and let it blow over until the next time comes around again. Get rid of this guy already.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Good point. This is a black eye for the Giants as well. Its almost as if they condone it.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Ignorance is not a cop-out. These are pro athletes ... I think they would be careful and know what they put in their body.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

Jaguar Rick is on a distinguished road

If Bonds makes Cooperstown, there should be a boycott of baseball. This guy is a jerk.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #10
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

I hate Bonds as much as the next guy. But you can't bash him for this. Because we don't know how many guys failed 1 amphetamine test because it is suppose to be private. They have been practically a way of life in baseball so I don't give him grief for this even though I agree he is a disgusting human being. He is also now saying sweeney had nothing to do with the failed test.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 AM   #11
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

The fact that this test was made public tells me it was not his first failed test. His typical reaction tells me the same thing.
If he owns up to the charges and admits that he broke the rules, he may get a chance to be enshrined. Until then, I have about as much chance as he does of having my bust in Cooperstown as he does. No this is not a call for a write-in campaign for me. I'll get to Cooperstown one day, but I'll pay my admission just like any other fan does.
Unless he is very careful, he will be suspended this season, for a significant period of time.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews3 View Post
I hate Bonds as much as the next guy. But you can't bash him for this. Because we don't know how many guys failed 1 amphetamine test because it is suppose to be private. They have been practically a way of life in baseball so I don't give him grief for this even though I agree he is a disgusting human being. He is also now saying sweeney had nothing to do with the failed test.
I disagree DM3 - I think you can bash him. This test comes out and he dimes out Sweeney ASAP.
I would of just rather he said "I never knowingly took amphetamines"
Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #13
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Did you see his latest statement. He apologizes to sweeney and says that he had nothing to do with it and he doesn't know how he was brought up in reports. Which is probabllly a lie.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Yeah, saw that today... WTF??? Is this guy for real? This is so pathetic.