Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 05-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Playoffs: (1) Pistons vs. (2) Cavs

The Pistons will take this in six ... inevitably slipping a game or two along the way before finally putting them away. What do you think?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

I think the Cavs have a better chance than most people think. Now, I wouldn't bet on them winning the series, but I think they can take it if two things happen - Lebron plays better than his season averages, and Larry Hughes steps up big time. This is assuming that everyone else plays as expect. Larry Hughes will make or break this series. When he is on, the Cavs are nearly impossible to beat. When he is not, they are very beatable

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

I like Detroit in six, as well.

Chicago was a team that I thought would present Detroit with the most match-up problems of any team in the East, and the Pistons dominated that series. They are a well-rouned ballclub once again, and Cleveland is going to have a hard time finding production if LeBron has an off-night.

Even though I picked San Antonio to win the NBA Finals, I am rooting for either Detroit or Cleveland to win the championship...
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
I like Detroit in six, as well.

Even though I picked San Antonio to win the NBA Finals, I am rooting for either Detroit or Cleveland to win the championship...
Agree that Detroit will take the series, but I am rooting for the Cavs. I have become a LeBron fan - to me he's the anti-Kobe: he lacks the "it's all about me" attitude on and off the court, but is comfortable being the leader with a healthy amount of ego. And he isn't afraid to defer to his teammates, but often taking criticism, just like after last night's loss. I thought it was incredibly unfair that they were all over LeBron saying he should've taken the shot rather than passing to Marshall at the end, who was WIDE open for the three, but missed.
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970
I thought it was incredibly unfair that they were all over LeBron saying he should've taken the shot rather than passing to Marshall at the end, who was WIDE open for the three, but missed.
On the road in game number one of the conference finals with no time-outs remaining and trailing by two, I think the play was set-up well for Cleveland and placed the Cavs in the best possible position to win the contest, yet Donyell Marshall wasn't able to hit a wide-open three-point shot.

I was more surprised by the fact that Detroit didn't foul LeBron on his penatration to the basket since they still had a foul left to give.

That game was terrible last night, and hopefully game number two is played a little more soundly.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Well, hopefully LeBron will score more than 10 points in the next game, too. I would love to see them even things out & go back to Cleveland with a split.
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

This reminds me so much of when the Pistons were winning playoff series against Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. James cannot do it himself right now, ...he just needs too much help from teammates.

Pistons want a rest,...they win in 5.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970
Well, hopefully LeBron will score more than 10 points in the next game, too. I would love to see them even things out & go back to Cleveland with a split.
I wasn't too disappointed with James' point total in the game, but more disappointed in the fact that he didn't attempt a single free-throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS
This reminds me so much of when the Pistons were winning playoff series against Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. James cannot do it himself right now, ...he just needs too much help from teammates.

Pistons want a rest,...they win in 5.
They won't win it in five if they play like they did last night. Detroit has to be a little bit concerned that LeBron didn't put up playoff-like numbers last night and they still almost lost at home. The Pistons also need to figure out a way to keep Zydranus Ilgauskas off the offensive glass.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post

I was more surprised by the fact that Detroit didn't foul LeBron on his penatration to the basket since they still had a foul left to give.
That and LeBron is a mediocre free throw shooter who has a bit of a rep of not being able to hit clutch free throws.

I can see both sides of the Should LeBron have passed or shot argument. But, the sole reason why I think why LeBron should have taken it to the hole is the fact that the Cavs were just 1 for 10 on 3-pointers in that game. If they had been hitting their shots then yeah take a chance on the 3, but since your team is not making them then you need to go hard to the basket and hope for the best.

But, I won't criticize him for dishing to a wide open guy who is a good 3-point shooter. The only real criticism I would have is that Marshall has never proven himself to be a big time clutch shooter.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Cleveland wins this series 4-3.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Mark my word,....5 games! PISTONS!

It is still killing me that my Red Wings are out!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Pistons are not playing their game & it's not cuz of the Cavs. Detroit, for all the media talk of them taking the Cavs more seriously than last year, is allowing the Cavs to hang around which makes the media hype BS. Until Cleveland gives them a solid reason, like stealing a game or 2, the Pistons will wait to see which teammate will carry the burden...

It's their nature to wait until there's a crisis...
Old 05-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

It was at this point last season in their series that Detroit let Cleveland come back and win three in a row. I think this is the most pivotal moment for Detroit: do they lose focus and fold for a few games, or do they keep the pressure and put away the Cavs? If they can avoid a repeat of last year, they are serious title contenders...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #14
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Man, the Cavs are such a disaster when it comes to closing out games.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Pistons in 5,..I hope!? I think!