Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 09-15-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road
Default Carolina vs. Tampa Bay

This game was something else. Tampa has 2 field goals blocked in regulation. Tampa Bay is down practically the entire game 6-0, 9-0 and 9-3. Then with a few minutes to go Tampa Bay goes on a great drive, and has Keyshawn Johnson drop the ball in the endzone, and end the drive with a no time left touchdown reception to McCardell. Then the extra point by Gramatica comes up, a given right? It was blocked by Kris Jenkins AGAIN, and I just could not believe that Tampa Bay had 3 Gramatica kicks blocked to lose the game. This was a very dramatic game, and definitely the game of the day, as Carolina was able to pull off the upset. Has anyone seen 3 blocked field goal/extra point attempts blocked in one game?

Joey
Old 09-15-2003, 03:37 PM   #2
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

According to ESPN.com, that was the first time Gramatica has EVER missed a PAT. Unfreakinbelievable.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

Watching Martina Gramatica's game winning "gimme" PAT end up heading off in the wrong direction did my heart good.

Props to whatever slobbering behemoth got his filthy paw up there to slap that thing halfway to St. Petersburg.

Martina might have kicked it better if his mind was focussed on kicking the ball rather than which pretty-princess fairy move he was going to delight the crowd with when the ball flew through the little yellow sticks.

I hope that goofy little twat-stain never forget this kodak moment.

poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:39 PM   #4
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Whatta defensive struggle..I LOVED IT !....extra points blocked !!!!!! ( drools). I'm rooting for Carolina as long as they continue on this defensive tirade.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 05:20 PM   #5
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

The best part of this game I actually heard on espn radio. They were replaying the TB radio call of the TD at the end of regulation, and the announcer was making himself hoarse screaming "Bucs win! Bucs win! Good god almighty, the Bucs win!!"

I loved that. Idiot.

Meanwhile... John Fox has those Panthers playing some good, if not exciting, ball. Gotta love it. Also have to wonder how long they can last.

Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
franky
Lost and Confused

franky is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it was an incredible finish to see the PAT fail on what looked like an easy win for Tampa Bay.

And yeah, Grammatica's Peter Pan dances after kicks do get a bit annoying after awhile.

Whoever picked Carolina this week deserves a pat on the back, (or maybe a beer) for having the insight and balls to pick them.
franky is offline   Reply With Quote