Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default I have a problem with D Wade In This Commercial...

Dwayne Wade Navigator Commercial

The way this commercial is shown, it was all acted and Wade didn't really do this. Does anyone else find that mean? If he didn't actually do this, it isn't right to put it in a commercial. I could start my own my commercial where I fly to Africa and feed millions of starving people, but if I didn't actually do it just wouldn't be right

Does anyone else see my point here or agree here?
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #2
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

It's a ****ing commercial.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
Ellis
gymnopedist

lol, that isn't the point. The point is that showed himself doing charity work and a good deed that he didn't actually do! Why would he agree to do a commercial like that?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

How do you know? Do you have actual proof that he has never done something akin to this since he has made it big? Or, is this just speculation or stereotyping Wade because he is a big time superstar and a big time superstar would never do something like this?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #5
Ellis
gymnopedist

I am saying it because why would he drive up to a a run down basketball court in a Navigator full of balls, where a team happened to be, give them the Navigator and the balls and then RIDE HIS BIKE HOME? There is no way that he ever did that.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
Ellis
gymnopedist

What was the team doing there anyways? They were standing there like idiots stairing at a hoop. Only god knows how long they were standing there before D Wade happens to stroll in with new balls and new hoops.

Come on, there is no way that that ever happened.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:47 AM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I don't have a problem with the commercial - LOL pretty funny though about a bunch of idiots staring at a hoop though :lol:
Old 12-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #8
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
I am saying it because why would he drive up to a a run down basketball court in a Navigator full of balls, where a team happened to be, give them the Navigator and the balls and then RIDE HIS BIKE HOME? There is no way that he ever did that.
Maybe he just used the bike to ride to the nearest dealership to buy another Navigator....
Old 12-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

It's a ****ing commercial!!!

There are commercials that feature talking dogs and flying cows. Should those be taken off the air because there is "no way that that ever happened"?

D-Wade has more than likely done many good works for underpriviledged children over the past few years. The writer or writers of the commercial are counting on the viewer to suspend disbelief and go along with the situation. That's it.
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Stern should fine him for fraud - federal charges pending. 20 game suspension. :thumbup:
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 AM   #11
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

I thought the same thing as Ellis. He GAVE HIS CAR to some coach and biked home in the middle of the street. Utterly ridiculous. Then again:

"It's a ****ing commercial."

I hope the sequel involves T.O. giving the shirt off his back to a homeless man, then pointing to a picture of his mansion and handing the man his house keys... followed by T.O. crawling into the box. That'll get me to buy a Buick.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
nojob67
Grizzled Veteran

nojob67 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible that he gave a Navigator and donated some money to a small and needy basketball league for young kids? Yes I think it is.

Would it be a good commercial to show Wade sitting with his lawyers around a table deciding on which team to give that stuff to and then watch him write a check for it? No I don't think so.

So, is it possible that the commercial was made with some leeway given in order to make a commercial more appealing to most people (obviously not to Ellis)? I think that is possible.

In conclusion, the commercial is terrible but D Wade could have done similar things to what is depicted in the commercial.

And, I would really love to see the T.O. commercial that Billy D mentioned
Old 12-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

A source of mine informed me that he rode the bike to a phone booth and called the police and reported the car stolen ...guess that coach was banging one of his women a few years back..

Payback is a beatch:lol:
Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #14
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
A source of mine informed me that he rode the bike to a phone booth and called the police and reported the car stolen ...guess that coach was banging one of his women a few years back..

Payback is a beatch:lol:
:lol:. It is all coming to me now... :thumbup: