Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 07-22-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road
Default Crouch Quits Again

Eric Crouch, Heisman Trophy winner in 2001, quits the Green Bay Packers.

I can't decide whether I feel bad for this kid or want to call him names. At the end of the day, he just has to realize he's not an NFL QB. Maybe.. MAYBE he can be a CFL QB, but I have my doubts about that, too.

Sherman was none too mean nor none too kind regarding his departure, I thought.

Dave
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
TRAVIS13
Banned

TRAVIS13 is on a distinguished road

He couldn,t never amount to a thing as an nfl quarterback and who,s he kidding to begin with. He could throw the ball against crap college boys like kansas and that,s not even going to cut the mustard in the big dogs run. Sure go play in the cfl or something where little guys who run like doug flutie can be a star. LOL Joke league. I,d bet some of our cal teams could whip on them some. I,m just glad to get wannabes like couch out of the nfl and keep the league at quality.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRAVIS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I think he can be a successful CFL QB.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
Ross
Hall of Famer

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAVIS13
He couldn,t never amount to a thing as an nfl quarterback and who,s he kidding to begin with. He could throw the ball against crap college boys like kansas and that,s not even going to cut the mustard in the big dogs run. Sure go play in the cfl or something where little guys who run like doug flutie can be a star. LOL Joke league. I,d bet some of our cal teams could whip on them some. I,m just glad to get wannabes like couch out of the nfl and keep the league at quality.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Typical Travis flame post.

The guy did win a Heisman, but I think anyone who thought he would amount to anything in the pros was kidding themselves.

However, it's my opinion that he could be a good coach someday.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Crouch was hilarious, the way he came off: "I'm not even going to be given a CHANCE at the starting QB job? Fine! I QUIT!!! (....why is no one saying, "Hey Eric!! Don't go!!" He wonders, as he walks away.)

Travis13, whew! Should be interesting when Heathen and SC-Lee, Canadians and die hard CFL fans, get a hold of you and your post. (P.S. to SC-LEE and Heathen: Travis is referring to the fact that he is a JUCO college football player...allegedly).

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:06 PM   #6
QuarterbackU
Sports Enthusiast

QuarterbackU is on a distinguished road

It seems kind of stupid to me that a guy with that much talent would turn down a spot in the NFL just because he doesn't want to play the position. I mean, people would kill to have his kind of talent.

Of course it's his choice, but thats just the way I look at it.
QuarterbackU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:14 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Well, QBU, it kinda seems like he doesn't hve NFL level talent, at any position. So... he was likely to get cut anyway. At least this way, he might be able to sneak onto a CFL roster and get some reps in practice, anyway. There's always AFL2, too.

Dave
Old 07-23-2003, 12:32 AM   #8
TRAVIS13
Banned

What,t the trouble anyway Kevin? Are those guys you talked about going to disagree or something? Doug flutie never did or will do anything in the nfl and still he was a hot star in that league. It doens,t take a rocket scientist to know the truth about what that tells everyone. That comment that kevin showed just proved what a baby crouch is anyway. oh and Our teams could not really beat the cfl teams. That was just my cherry on top ok?? Some of you guys really need to just chill out man. lol But I don,t want to hear any canadian guys talking nonsese about how good there league is. That is foolish talk. I hope i never hear it. Oh and did you get that t13 tatoo yet kevin? Ha ha

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 12:53 AM   #9
QuarterbackU
Sports Enthusiast

QuarterbackU is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, QBU, it kinda seems like he doesn't hve NFL level talent, at any position. So... he was likely to get cut anyway. At least this way, he might be able to sneak onto a CFL roster and get some reps in practice, anyway. There's always AFL2, too.

Dave
Really? I had heard good things when he was first working out for the Rams.
QuarterbackU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:33 AM   #10
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Travis, yeah, I was referring to the fact that you said JUCO teams could beat CFL teams. You retracted it, so SCLee and Heathen will heretofore be nice to you. And I changed my mind about that tattoo. I became bitter towards you after my girlfriend read your posts and dumped me to go search for you. LOL!

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:12 AM   #11
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Crouch is quitter. he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL because he doesn't have the will or desire, if he did he would be working his ass off to be successful but instead he goes "oh well, can't make it here". i think he would make it in Canada because its a different game than the NFL and Doug Flutie was able to make it there and be successful and its not because its some crap league, the CFL is just as much a league as the NFL except just not very popular in the states. IMO Crouch just doesn't deserve another chance
Old 07-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #12
TRAVIS13
Banned

HAHA yeah kevin. Hey our cal league teams play pretty good brand of football but I know reality to. The cfl guys are bigger and stronger and faster and older. I just don,t like when people watch that league and think it is something compared with the nfl. I love the nfl. I don,t know about your girlfriend. We have plenty of honeys here on our campus so I stay busy without her. But 'm glad she likes me anyway.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:40 PM   #13
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Flutie was a God in the CFL' and then proceeded to be a pretty decent QB in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!I'm not exactly sure what T13 is driving at!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure' Flutie didn,t win a ring' but neither did T13,s hero!!!!!!!! Flutie also played with some pretty shoddy coaching' and aging team members around him!!!!AT his best nfl experience came after he was 33' showing that maturity and experience are hugely underrated in the nfl!!!!

D87 is in????????????????
Old 07-23-2003, 03:01 PM   #14
TRAVIS13
Banned

That,s my whole point anyway dave. The greatest player in the cfl came to the nfl and was nothing. I don,t agree that flutie was pretty decent in the nfl either. I see at his statstistics that he had one good year in 1998. Other than that he was never worth a crap and he was mr superstud migit in the cfl. LOL hey he got set to the bench in sandiego in favor of a little rookie who,s not even been that good yet. That really does,t speak to good of his ability if you ask me. And please don,t bring dan marino into this. I can only imagine what he could do still today if he playeed in that minor league cfl joke place. I just never like flutie to much but i give him credit that he was better than quiter crouch.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:00 PM   #15
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

Ok first off, Doug Flutie was nearing 40, that is why he got sent to the bench. Tell me Travis, if you could choose between a near-40 year old guy who seems to be towards the end of his career and a young guy with good potential, who would you take?

And second, when are you going to realize that not every great quarterback wins a Super Bowl. Now obviously it comes into play when grading a quarterback, but not everyone has the chance to do it (Peyton Manning, Jeff Garcia, Chad Pennington, Aaron Brooks-all good quarterbacks). Sometimes good players are on bad teams. Like Flutie in SD. No, he wasn't a spectacular player before he got there, and he wasn't amazing during his tenure as the starter. But he did a decent job, and he improved that team. If you notice, the Chargers' record improved during the short Flutie era. Stop getting so hell bent on Super Bowls and learn to appreciate the talent the NFL has to offer, regardless of the players team win-loss record.