Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 10-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default SC top 10 voting: week 5

1. Oklahoma
2. Georgia
3. Miami
4. USC
5. Texas
6. Purdue
7. Auburn
8. Virginia
9. Minnesota
10. Louisville

Yeah I know I jumped UGA big from last week, but i also stated last week that if they beat LSU bad, I would move them up.

Quote:
Bix, except for the second half vs S Carolina, UGA has played HORRIBLE this year. If they beat LSU convincingly this week, they will move back up.
Louisville has looked impressive this year, and if they beat Miami, they can run the table. They are capable of beating big teams. Remember the FSU game a few years back?
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

1. Oklahoma
2. Georgia
3. USC
4. Auburn
5. Miami
6. Purdue
7. Virginia
8. Texas
9. Minnesota
10. Utah
Old 10-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SC top 10 voting: week 5

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Mike

Louisville has looked impressive this year, and if they beat Miami, they can run the table. They are capable of beating big teams. Remember the FSU game a few years back?
That was a home game in a driving rainstorm for UL though and the game in two weeks is a trip to lovely Miami, one of the toughest places for road teams to win in. That was also FSU's worst team in recent years they finished the season 9-5 .
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I'm only gonna do a top five, since after OSU's loss I'm bitter for a week....

1. Georgia
2. USC
3. Purdue
4. Auburn
5. Oklahoma
Old 10-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Miami
4. Georgia
5. Auburn
6. Texas
7. Purdue
8. Florida
9. Minnesota
10. California

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. UGA
4. Miami
5. Auburn
6. Miami
7. UVA
8. FSU
9. Cal
10. Purdue
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

1. USC
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. Miami
5. Texas
6. Oklahoma
7. California
8. FSU
9. Purdue
10. Virginia
gconnhokiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

1. Georgia

2. USC

3. Michigan

4. Oklahoma

5. Miami

6. Wisconsin

7. Auburn

8. Purdue

9. Stanford

10. Texas
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #9
digital7
Deep South

digital7 is on a distinguished road

1. Oklahoma Sooners - Remained No.1 after a solid 28-13 victory over Texas Tech. It wasnt a blow out but Adrian Peterson ran all over the place and is solidified as one of my players of the year so far.

2. Georgia Bulldogs - Made a big leap from last week after an impressive victory over the LSU Tigers. Stingy defense proved to be catalyst of the win by allowing only 16 points.

3. Auburn Tigers - Also made a huge jump from last week to number 3 after laying a severe 34-10 beat down to the Volunteers IN Tennessee. Cadillac Williams is THE man and the Tigers are 5-0.

4. Miami Hurricanes - Dropped down to No. 4 but had their most complete game they've played this year beating Georgia Tech 27-3. Berlin threw for 3 TD and no interceptions. There was an unfortunate blow to their team as they lost All-American Eric Winston out for the remainder of the year with a knee injury.

5. Purdue Boilermakers - First time ranking in my top ten after a solid 41-16 victory over Notre Dame. Kyle Orton played oustanding and directed two 97 yard TD drives.

5. Utah Utes - Remained at No. 5 this week after a good 28-7 victory over New Mexico. Quarterback Alex Smith ran for two touchdowns and Steve Savoy caught 11 passes for 150 yards.

7. Boise State Broncos - Stayed at No. 7 from last week after a nice 38-20 victory over Southern Methodist. I wasnt particularly impressed with the way the defense played, but played well when it mattered. Zabransky had 190 passing yards leading them to a 5-0 record.

8. Texas Longhorns - Dropped down to No. 8 this week, but not because they didnt play well, only becuase there were teams that played alot better. Beat Baylor in an old fashioned blow out 44-14. Cedric Benson ran for 188 yards and three touchdowns.

9. Minnesota Golden Gophers - First time ranking in my top 10 after beating Penn State 16-7. They recorded a 5-0 start in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1940-41.

10. Virginia Cavaliers - Broke into my top 10 after handly defeating Syracuse 31-10. Hagans passed for 202 yards and a TD while running in two scores and 81 yards on the ground.
digital7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
digital7
Deep South

digital7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by digital7
1. Oklahoma Sooners - Remained No.1 after a solid 28-13 victory over Texas Tech. It wasnt a blow out but Adrian Peterson ran all over the place and is solidified as one of my players of the year so far.

2. Georgia Bulldogs - Made a big leap from last week after an impressive victory over the LSU Tigers. Stingy defense proved to be catalyst of the win by allowing only 16 points.

3. Auburn Tigers - Also made a huge jump from last week to number 3 after laying a severe 34-10 beat down to the Volunteers IN Tennessee. Cadillac Williams is THE man and the Tigers are 5-0.

4. Miami Hurricanes - Dropped down to No. 4 but had their most complete game they've played this year beating Georgia Tech 27-3. Berlin threw for 3 TD and no interceptions. There was an unfortunate blow to their team as they lost All-American Eric Winston out for the remainder of the year with a knee injury.

5. Purdue Boilermakers - First time ranking in my top ten after a solid 41-16 victory over Notre Dame. Kyle Orton played oustanding and directed two 97 yard TD drives.

5. Utah Utes - Remained at No. 5 this week after a good 28-7 victory over New Mexico. Quarterback Alex Smith ran for two touchdowns and Steve Savoy caught 11 passes for 150 yards.

7. Boise State Broncos - Stayed at No. 7 from last week after a nice 38-20 victory over Southern Methodist. I wasnt particularly impressed with the way the defense played, but played well when it mattered. Zabransky had 190 passing yards leading them to a 5-0 record.

8. Texas Longhorns - Dropped down to No. 8 this week, but not because they didnt play well, only becuase there were teams that played alot better. Beat Baylor in an old fashioned blow out 44-14. Cedric Benson ran for 188 yards and three touchdowns.

9. Minnesota Golden Gophers - First time ranking in my top 10 after beating Penn State 16-7. They recorded a 5-0 start in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1940-41.

10. Virginia Cavaliers - Broke into my top 10 after handly defeating Syracuse 31-10. Hagans passed for 202 yards and a TD while running in two scores and 81 yards on the ground.

USC Trojans - Idle for this weekend, but dropped out of my top 10 completely. I really wasnt impressed with the quality of win against Stanford. A 3 point difference is just not acceptable for that caliber of team in my opinion. There were better teams out there to be replaced with.

Ohio State Buckeyes - Dropped out of my top 10 after a crushing loss to the hands of Northwestern. (heheh) When you're in OT, you have to score, if there's anyone who would know that, it's the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Tennessee Volunteers - Dropped out of my top ten by getting embarrassed at home by the Georgia Bulldogs. The offense couldnt get anything going and miscues and mistakes cost them dearly.
digital7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #11
Joepritch2
Grizzled Veteran

Joepritch2 is on a distinguished road

1. USC - Until they lose, they're #1. I feel they've deserved that much respect.

2. Oklahoma - Adrian Peterson is a scary, scary back.

3. Georgia - I was very impressed by their victory over LSU.

4. Texas - Oklahoma vs. Texas has me drooling.

5. Auburn - 31-3 at the half vs. the Vols? I don't care if the Vols aren't even ranked, that's an accomplishment.

6. Miami - They might have a shot at the National Title if they could find a QB.

7. Purdue - Put Notre Dame back in their place. Very impressive outing.

8. Minnesota - Takes care of business week in and week out. I'm thinking this is the year this team breaks out, and if Wisconsin and Michigan don't have anything to say about it, goes to the BCS.

9. Wisconsin - Ohio State will be the major test for this team, if they win this one, only Minnesota lies in the way to a BCS appearance. No Michigan on the schedule.

10. Boise State - Put them in a major conference, say, the Pac-10, and I think they're fighting for a major bowl game appearance.
Joepritch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #12
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Ricky, like it or not, I need your entire top 10, or your vote doesn't count.

Dave, where are you at? I wanna see where you rank UGA.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #13
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

I left my top ten at home, so I'll get it in tonight.
Sorry to disappoint, but your Dawgs are at 11, though.

I couldn't throw out someone that I have in my top ten that most people don't... can't remember offhand who it was, though. And I couldn't in all fairness have a tie for 10th, either.

Let them show their offense against next week, and then we'll be talking.

And besides, maybe you don't want them in my top ten. I just put OSU in at #10, and you saw what happened to them this past weekend...

Dave
Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #14
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by digital7
USC Trojans - Idle for this weekend, but dropped out of my top 10 completely. I really wasnt impressed with the quality of win against Stanford. A 3 point difference is just not acceptable for that caliber of team in my opinion. There were better teams out there to be replaced with.
This was a very interesting post and even more interesting logic.

I'm kind of curious why then Georgia, Auburn, Boise and Minnesota remain in this particular top 10.

Georgia struggles at HOME against Marshall. Boise beats BYU(a team SC beat by 32 at BYU) by 1 at HOME, Auburn(while impressive this week could only beat a very average LSU team by 1 at HOME and Minnesota was less then impressive against PSU at Home. And there are others with that top 10 also.

There are very few '95 Nebraska's or '72 USC's....teams that dominate everyone from the first game to the last thru a season....all teams struggle at some point. SC playeed a quiet 1st half, with several strange plays that benefitted Stanford..to there credit. But SC dominated the 2nd half, giving up only 1 first down and zero points.

I dont know if SC is the #1 team in the country, but for them to not be in the top 10 with this logic(4-0 with 3 road games) is kind of strange.

I guess SC is being held to a higher standard and as an SC fan thats a compliment!

Fight On!
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #15
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Ah...47, good to have you back. Let the sparks fly!!

Dave