Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-30-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road
Post NFL Franchise's

Hey guys for my Sports Marketing class we have a fantasy football league we have to advertise our players. Another part of this project is that we need to create our own team which will include of a city, state,team name, logos,jersey's , and a stadium. we also need to pick a design for our stadium. I was just wondring if you guys could give me some advice of city state and team name and please state your reasons. I was thinking of LA Cali but I dunno because there are a lot of 49er fans and all. I just thought that since the Rams used to play there it be a good football state.
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Los Angeles, CA
Toronto, ON
San Antonio, TX
Portland, OR
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
Los Angeles, CA
Toronto, ON
San Antonio, TX
Portland, OR
I would like to see some teams open up in Canada. I wonder why that has not been an issue? Every other sport has or had a team in Canada.

Hell, how about

Mexico City: Aztecs

J/K of course

LA, California
I think LA is just to played out these days. Besides people living in LA, do we really care if they get a team? Kind of like, been there done that...... How many times has LA had a team and they left? Yawn,.,.,., Next city

Orlando, Florida
Millions of people live there, center of Florida and hey the comedy show "Coach" was about a football team there. Only issue would be 4 NFL teams in 1 state

Las Vegas, Nevada
Fastest growing city in America. Call the stadium Ceaser Stadium or something. You know in Las Vegas that would be a kick ass stadium and probably the best in the country. All the high rollers and all..... Vegas does things right so I would bet a team would do good there. Only issue would be gambling and the NFL wants far away as possiable.

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 11-30-2004 at 10:39 PM.
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Best guess as to why there are no Canadian teams in the NFL is most of the major cities have a CFL team and the NFL may not think a team could survive against established CFL teams.

I wonder if a team would work in Vegas just because there is so much else to do there sort of like in LA.

Mexico City would be an interesting proposition. They have played exhibition games there in the past and they usually pack 100,000 plus in for those games. Question there would be is the city affluent enough to support 8 games a year?

I would have the same questions about Orlando as well. The state is not as big as California and Orlando's market may be a bit too close to Jacksonville and Tampa to survive. Especially with all of the major college football that is in Florida as well.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
cubfan13
Rated SC's #1 Prospect

cubfan13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NFL Franchise's

Quote:
Originally posted by bombers fan
Hey guys for my Sports Marketing class we have a fantasy football league we have to advertise our players. Another part of this project is that we need to create our own team which will include of a city, state,team name, logos,jersey's , and a stadium. we also need to pick a design for our stadium. I was just wondring if you guys could give me some advice of city state and team name and please state your reasons. I was thinking of LA Cali but I dunno because there are a lot of 49er fans and all. I just thought that since the Rams used to play there it be a good football state.
jeez where do you sign up for that? (no, seriously)

allright i'm going to bed, talk tomorrow?
cubfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:13 PM   #6
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

I would say Mexico wouldn't work for a few reasons.

1: Customs and how would you like to play the Jets one week, the Giants the next week, the Seahalwks the next week couple home games and back to Patriots and so on...... Sure Miami to Seattle is the worst I think but when you fly back to Miami you don't have customs, you can just get in your car and go meet the bed.

On the other hand Canada teams do it so..... but Canada "toronto" isn't by the Equator either and doesn't take half a day to reach the US Border.
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #7
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Mexico City Galloping Gophers.

A team I made on madden...colors pink and black...don't ask...
Kornbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:17 AM   #8
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

How about Columbus - which contrary to popular belief is by far the largest city in Ohio (and has roughly the same population as San Francisco). For a nickname, "Capitals" is a possibility, since Columbus is the capital city of Ohio; then you could use a capitol building dome as a helmet logo.

As for colors, something unique - a color that no other team uses - might go over big; my recommedation would be mulberry, in between the Cardinals' red and the Vikings' purple, with bronze trim (and you could further state that the team would wear their white jerseys at home). And how about LED-style numbers for a "futuristic" look?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:36 PM   #9
bombers fan
All-Star Player

Cubs Fan this is a class thats offerd as an elective at my school
Old 12-01-2004, 05:29 PM   #10
cubfan13
Rated SC's #1 Prospect

high school? college?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:02 PM   #11
bombers fan
All-Star Player

High school
Old 12-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #12
cubfan13
Rated SC's #1 Prospect

damn, i wish they had that at my school

it's like my dream
Old 12-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #13
FMHornet
All-Star Player

FMHornet is on a distinguished road

How bout a team in the HS football mecca, Texas
Old 12-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #14
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Aren't they leaning to San Antonio?

A couple years ago I started wondering how a team would fare in Alabama, mainly because of a friend that was from Alabama.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:34 AM   #15
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Assuming L.A. does get an expansion team - but they won't if Tom Benson moves the Saints there - San Antonio is considered the favorite to land the other franchise that would be inevitably have to be created as well due to its 1.1 million-plus population; but one factor works against San Antonio, and that's its per capita income, which is less than $18,000 (how can you afford to buy tickets to NFL games when you aren't even making 18 grand a year?). That puts Portland and Columbus into the hopper, with Hartford or even a third New York City team also possibilities (but scratch the latter if the Jets do get a new stadium in Manhattan). Real longshots include Honolulu and Las Vegas.

Columbus' cause could be hurt by the possibility of another realignment hassle: The NFL has already gone on record as saying that any L.A. expansion team would go into the NFC, and Fox would scream bloody murder if CBS got all three Ohio markets, which they would if Columbus went into the AFC (and the "blackout radius overlap" between Columbus and both Cleveland and Cincinnati would present all sorts of logistical problems). That means one NFC team would have to be moved to the AFC - and while Seahawks owner Paul Allen wanted to stay in the AFC West when the 2002 realignment occurred, there's no guarantee that he will feel the same way come 2008, widely regarded as the target date for when the NFL "must" return to Los Angeles.

Last edited by Anthony; 12-02-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote