Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Paul Finebaum Calling for Mike Shula's Head

Paul Finebaum who has a large following on his sports radio show is calling for the head of Alabama coach Mike Shula(Mr. Conservative).

Alabama beat Arkansas all over the field plus QB John Parker Wilson was throwing the ball so well, yet Shula went conservative in overtime running the ball, which we weren't successful with all day, and helped his team lose the game.

Also even though christensen can kick off he can't kickan extra point! What is up with that.

I got sick of the coaches coddling Tiffan every time he missed a kick. I would have grabbed him by the neck and reminded him he is a college kicker that needs to hit an extra point. I can see missing a field goal every now and then, but not an extra point.

RB Darby juked and juked and couldn't gain any yards. He was great last season.

Our passing game was going great, but on the next to last series in overtime for Bama, Shula decided to run the ball three times in a row. ugh!

His dad was great, but Mr. Shula Jr is no where near being his dad. Which is not a bad thing in itself, but he is too tool conservative.

Again Bama has a great passing attack, but the running game and our kicker Leigh Tiffan suck.

God help us against Florida.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

It's taken this long for the calling of Mike Shula's head?

While it's no consolation to 'Bama fans, extra points seem to no longer be automatic in Division I-A. Boston College has missed three or four already this year. Vandy... Kevin noted a string of this on our blog in his College football quick hits week 3 post from a week ago.

I think the worst part of this is how it filters up to the NFL. Where extra points and 35-yards and in FGs were once considered automatic... not so much anymore.

I have less problem with a college kid missing a clutch kick, but when the guy's getting paid for these automatic missions, well, that's irritating in the extreme.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Funny how 9 months ago he was being hailed as the savior of the program and the guy who was leading them back to glory.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

You never heard that from me.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
destro
Sports Enthusiast

destro is on a distinguished road

what is shulas record in the 4th quarter when trailing SEC teams? Something like 0-11?
destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Man you guys really put a scare into us Gator fans. I was at the Swamp and I haven't heard it as quiet as it was in the first quarter in years. Ya'll's O-line looked really good. Ya'll will be alright.

"Ya'll" - what a great word
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Who the hell is in charge of Alabama's offense? This is the same team who only scored 13 points against Texas Tech last year.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Dave Rader, former head coach at Tulsa.

Alabama doesn't have elite talent at the skill positions right now. If they keep winning, it will come in time but other than Tyrone Prothro, they really haven't had any big time playmakers since the days of Shaun Alexander and Freddie Milons. They really struggled on offense last year after Prothro got hurt and it looks like it has continued over into this season.

Too bad Alabama doesn't play Georgia this year. It could've been one tremendous defensive game.